*** Official in game thread Gophers vs. Illini***

3-3 on the road in B1G. Now to win a home game.

Nice effort to end the game, even if they didnt make it easy on themselves. 4-6 feels much better than the alternative.

It is all about the defense. Excellent defense the 2nd half. I HAVE been saying for years it is the only to build a winner at a non blue blood.

Three road wins. Pretty good. Now they have to start winning at the Barn. Win the next 4! Well... win the next one.

Three road wins. Pretty good. Now they have to start winning at the Barn. Win the next 4! Well... win the next one.

Great team W for Richard Pitino ! We are so much more competitive when Lynch stays out of foul trouble. I look forward to going back to the barn.

I purposely didn't watch to do my small part to end the skid. I may need to skip the Iowa game too in order to turn our luck at home. Nice win, and much needed.

This was a fun game to watch the Gophers take the second half and close it out. One game at a time.

Excellent 2nd half. So happy for the team. Now win our home games...

I purposely didn't watch to do my small part to end the skid. I may need to skip the Iowa game too in order to turn our luck at home. Nice win, and much needed.

Me, too. Also got some work done. Really good day. Now if the hockey team can complete the sweep of PSU.

Finally got a win! Great D in the second half was the reason. We need to keep it up and we can do damage with our second half schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This game didn't exorcise all the demons, but they played well enough down the stretch to close it out without much drama. Holding the Illini to 24 points in the second half was obviously the key. I loved how they played with good intensity and focus no matter whether they were down or up...but not poise on the offensive end late, sad to say. They missed shots down the stretch they would normally make, some badly.

Well officiated game, and I really like Provus and that other guy. Insightful but simple.

No prediction here, but if we win the games that we will be favored in the rest of the way- we would finish 10-8. After all of the close games that this team has lost - that's a pretty good place to be in. None of the games will be easy- that's just not how this team does it.

No prediction here, but if we win the games that we will be favored in the rest of the way- we would finish 10-8. After all of the close games that this team has lost - that's a pretty good place to be in. None of the games will be easy- that's just not how this team does it.

10-8 would be 4 wins more than most predicted for the season.

Top Bottom