***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
This is arguably the second most difficult game of the year so far for the Gophers. We'll need 40 great minutes, no let up, no offensive droughts. My confidence is shaken a bit from the Purdue second half and I hope the team's isn't. GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!

Hopefully we'll refocus for this one. I'll be there, so I'm hoping for a big win.

People forget that Maryland won the national title in 2002. It just shows the strong roots of the Terps program with a terrific recruiting base.

Basically MN has to be nearly perfect and Andre Hollins and our guard trio can't get outplayed by Wells and Trimble.

What surprises me about this game is the current Vegas line. From what we saw on NYE, I'd have thought that the spread would be almost a double digit margin considering that the game is being played in Maryland. But, much to my surprise, the line opened at 4.5 and is only now at either 4.5 or 5. Based upon this, I think that we will see a very competitive game today and if we can find a way to finish, we'll give the Terps everything that they want. Not out of the realm of possibilities that we come home from this trip at 1-1 in the conference.

Not expecting a win, so I'll be absolutely thrilled if we some how pull it out.

Today will be tough. If we go down 0-2 it sucks but with 2 road games and still a full slate of home games. To early to panic. Look at today as a chance to get a signature road win. Something pitino hasn't done yet

I'm just gonna watch this with no expectations. Somehow, I'm sure they will play this closer than I expect and I'll be yelling at the TV by the time the game is over.

Not getting any calls today, that's clear.

I hope that 3 on 1 fast break isn't a sign of things to come...

They're killing the zone. Gotta mix it up soon.

Mo got hacked.

You have got to be kidding me. Besides Mo getting mugged, Morris got clobbered and Hollins got hacked. Hard to be aggressive and go to the basket if they are not going to call anything our way.

Not getting any calls today, that's clear.

No doubt- there were a couple of non calls that were just "wows". Not good. Morris got hacked, as has Mo.

I hate asking stupid questions but . . . aren't these games usually on KFAN?

Mo has his flaws, but I wish he could play 40 minutes.

How exactly did Pitino just call a timeout?

Buggs is such a good weapon on offense but he just gets lost on defense far too often.

On defense, we have to stay in front of them and not help out from the outside. They want to drive and dish it back out for the three. Make them put it up on the drive.

Looks like a pickup game... Call your own fouls. The refs are sure letting them go.

Gotta come out of the zone or get quicker at reacting. This is paradise for Maryland's guards.

So many open looks for the Terps. I thought Richard said our D would be much improved!! At least tray man just for a change-up.

So many open outside shots. This is like a shootaround for Maryland.

Top Bottom