***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS. LOUISVILLE ARMED FORCES CLASSIC IN-GAME THREAD***

Reaction score
I know this is wayyy too early, but I am sitting at work bored as all get out right now, wayyy to pumped for the game, and I realized that the last time I started an In-Game thread was our upset against Indiana 2 years ago, so I thought, screw it.
LETS GET PUMPED!!!

Louisville opens as an 8.5 point favorite.

Hoffarber won an ESPY.

Hollins Brothers aren't really brothers, but they are both from Memphis and both have the same last name. Given that, Tubby and Malik aren't related either.

Mo Walker has lost a lot of weight. Here's a picture from last year, here is what he looks like now.

Go Gophers!!

I know this is wayyy too early, but I am sitting at work bored as all get out right now, wayyy to pumped for the game, and I realized that the last time I started an In-Game thread was our upset against Indiana 2 years ago, so I thought, screw it.
LETS GET PUMPED!!!

I like it. We're a day away from the season opener against LOUISVILLE! This board has been way to quiet!

This will be a statement game. Minnesota beats Louisville 88 - 72 on national TV. Coffey commits via twitter immediately following the game. A group of boosters decide to fund the balance of the facilities campaign... POLYANNA

I like it. We're a day away from the season opener against LOUISVILLE! This board has been way to quiet!

This will be a statement game. Minnesota beats Louisville 88 - 72 on national TV. Coffey commits via twitter immediately following the game. A group of boosters decide to fund the balance of the facilities campaign... POLYANNA

Good call

POLLYANNA!!!

Shulman and Bilas are blabbering on & on about the Pitino angle, which is getting rather tiresome. At some point I hope these guys actually describe what's going on in the game.

"You know, Richard's brother dressed up in a chicken suit last year," Shulman proclaims as Josh Martin hammers down a thunderous dunk. "And did you know Rick dressed up in a white suit for a Louisville white-out?", Bilas asks as Chris Jones performs a nasty crossover on DeAndre Mathieu.

"Yes, I heard that," Shulman counters as Andre Hollins drains a 3 on the other end, "but did you know Richard says he can see himself in Minnesota for a long, long time?"

"I can definitely see that happening," Bilas replies as Mathieu strips Jones and goes in for an uncontested bucket, "even though Tim Brando told me Minnesota is a second-rate operation."

(fade to commercial break, with no mention of the score)

Hoffarber won an ESPY.

Hollins Brothers aren't really brothers, but they are both from Memphis and both have the same last name. Given that, Tubby and Malik aren't related either.

Mo Walker has lost a lot of weight. Here's a picture from last year, here is what he looks like now.

Go Gophers!!

And Austin's dad used to coach for the Memphis Grizzlies, but now coaches for the Brooklyn Nets, who have Kris Humphries, who played for MN for one year before marrying Kim Kardashian for 45 days.

Seriously, I am really excited about this game! This is what it is all about. The Gophers are relevant. If they win, we will be THE talk of college basketball!

Gophers up 16-4 with 14 minutes left in the 1st Half. Shell has all 16 of the Gopher points and arena security just arrested Royce White after he was caught trying to steal Harrell's warm-up pants.

Has Shaqquan Aaron been cleared for the Ville yet?

This is great, 12 hours before tip-off and there are already 2 pages of comments for the in-game thread. I think we're all more than a bit fired up for this season to begin...at least I know I am.

I am excited for the game tonight. I am really hoping we pull this off.

Stoked for tonight, even though I'm going to miss the first half. Hope the Dre's bring their A-game.

Win or lose, a strong showing could be huge boost. A competitive loss could even put them in the rankings. That being said, they might as well just go out and win the dang thing.

I think Day-Day could be a huge factor off the bench. If he, Mo/EE and Mason can give solid performances off the bench and the starters have reasonable performances we'll have a great shot. No one needs to sprout a cape for the Gophers to give them a run.

dead20cardinal.jpg

2nd-year coach with an opportunity for a program building win over Louisville on a neutral court.

Cardinals had no answer for Al Nolen at the end of that game. Who's our "no answer for" guy tonight?

http://www.gophersmix.com/2008/12/minnesota-vs-louisville-program.html

Cardinals have Gophers scouted better than any opponent they will play this year. Would be a huge win, but it's hard to be confident. Cards are playing with quite a few new guys though. That could play in our favor.

I wonder what role conditioning might play tonight. It sounds like we will play 8 or 9 guys and Louisville (per Rick P.) will only play 6.

That video made it look like the hanger they are playing in tonight was the Temple of Doom.

Top Bottom