***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS EASTERN ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Somewhere, somebody lost money over that point after not going forward. I have never seen that rule invoked.

It's only in effect on when a team scores on the last play of the game and the extra point can't affect the outcome of the game. It doesn't happen that much, but in such a situation, I've never seen it not enforced. In the NFL, they have to run the play in that situation.

When will we get an injury update? We had three guys banged up pretty good this game.

We looked rusty at times... & there's definitely going to be a possible QB contraversy in the future (this going on what, a decade straight now?) I am confident we'll be good this year. Eastern Illinois is NOT a cupcake. Go Gophers. Excited for the Season. :cool02:

After ONE game, I think we need lots of practice in identifying lots of things. Holy Jesus Martha. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

One game this season, but the whole offseason and plenty of other games for lots of our defensive players. I'm allowed to point out weaknesses and critique our defense, just like you are allowed to call out posters for doing so.

Not sure if this has already been discussed (used the search tool but didn't find any thing), but where was the guy blasting the cannon after Gopher touchdowns? I didn't see or hear him tonight.

Not sure if this has already been discussed (used the search tool but didn't find any thing), but where was the guy blasting the cannon after Gopher touchdowns? I didn't see or hear him tonight.

We were wondering the same thing. I noticed it immediately after the first touchdown.

We looked rusty at times...

I think that is a very generous statement. Not sure any part of the game (offense, defense, coaching) looked like they were at all prepared for the game. Only the kicking game looked ready for the season. Glad we have an extra couple of days to prepare for the next game. Hopefully Lauer will be ready to go next week...Pirsig looked lost.

I have had season tix for 6 seasons now, maybe its just me but I don't remember a more boring game to start the season. I guess I don't really start getting pumped till the Big Ten starts. I know its the first game but I am really concerned with Leidner's passing game, one the positives is Edwards very impressive out of the gate.

Top Bottom