*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-MICHIGAN GAME THREAD ***

Look, there is no blaming refs for this. Michigan is a damned good team who beat another good team. If you look at the poll that asked us to predict the 3 game stretch of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, the leading vote getter was 1-2. Season not lost, long way to go.

That is right, long way to go. Would have liked to win this one at home, but we have a lot of games to make up some ground.

Just once I'd like to get a little home cooking. I don't care if we lost for other reasons. The refs were *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# terrible today. Unacceptable.

Just once I'd like to get a little home cooking. I don't care if we lost for other reasons. The refs were *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# terrible today. Unacceptable.

Rodney.....Is that you!?

I thought the reffing was very inconsistent and really wasn't very good in calling the fouls when the ball got inside. Gophers need to play better and I am very confident they will. This was the toughest 3 game stretch of the season and we got out of it what most people expected. I think this team is very capable of getting another 10 or 11 wins in the conference and believe the Gophers can get on a bit of a roll in the next 4 games @ Northwestern, @ Wisconsin, vs. Nebraska, and vs. Iowa before a tough road game in East Lansing.

There was so much more that ticked me more off than the refs, how about making the easy layups that you are giving, not turning the ball over, not fighting with each other for the ball. Those are things you can control, worry about those things first before we start worrying about the refs. Really hope Tubby shows the team the tape MULTIPLE times over the next week, hopefully that will get them to learn from their mistakes and get them to value the basketball a lot more

This was a game that Minnesota gave away. We had a number of possessions where we simply missed easy shots and put backs. We continued to miss the front end of free throws. We were careless with the ball and didn't value each possession. In short, the Gophers were very sloppy and undisciplined tonight. This was a game that we are skilled enough to win, but we still have some significant fundamental breakdowns and lack of discipline that negates the positives.

Also, I mentioned it a couple weeks back, Michigan is a team we struggle to matchup with.

Trevor did not deserve that last foul, but he did deserve a T. If Tubby wants to play a second 5, do so with Welch at the point and Ellenson at off guard. After watching Mav turn the ball over and then stop on the play, I don't care if he ever plays again.

Exactly. Rodney had a clear path to the basket after that steal, but a clear path foul was not called. McGary hit Dre in the head and there was no flagrant, Hardaway brought Dre to the ground on a rebound and there was no call, Hardaway also just fell over once or twice by Rodney I think and got the call too.

Exactly. Rodney had a clear path to the basket after that steal, but a clear path foul was not called. McGary hit Dre in the head and there was no flagrant, Hardaway brought Dre to the ground on a rebound and there was no call, Hardaway also just fell over once or twice by Rodney I think and got the call too.

The flop by Burke as he was driving down the sideline is what sent me over the edge. Referees are trained to see past that crap.

Trevor did not deserve that last foul, but he did deserve a T. If Tubby wants to play a second 5, do so with Welch at the point and Ellenson at off guard. After watching Mav turn the ball over and then stop on the play, I don't care if he ever plays again.

I think you are on to something.

From the very very little we have seen of Ellenson, I would think he is nowhere ready.

From the very very little we have seen of Ellenson, I would think he is nowhere ready.

Fine, then play Welch at the point an Mo Walker at 2. Whatever keeps Maverick on the bench. Turning the ball over is one thing. Lack of effort is something else.

I would make sure that when Dre is not at point then welch is in the game. I think Ellenson would provide a lot of offensive excitement off the bench but he has a ways to go defensively. He needed the pre conference games. Too bad.

The flop by Burke as he was driving down the sideline is what sent me over the edge. Referees are trained to see past that crap.

If you and I are thinking of the same thing, when Burke fell over on one of the final possessions, there was no foul called, I think they gave Michigan a timeout, thought it should have been a travel on Burke though.

If you and I are thinking of the same thing, when Burke fell over on one of the final possessions, there was no foul called, I think they gave Michigan a timeout, thought it should have been a travel on Burke though.
Total travel.

1 Game.....1 Loss......not the end of the world Gopherhole!

No I'm thinking of the time where Burke was driving in front of the Michigan bench by the 3 point line and one of our players engaged him. When our guy got there, Burke made a head fake that made it appear he was being contacted. The ref fell for it and the students erupted into their 2nd (and loudest) "these refs suck" chant. It was right in front of me. I was beside myself.

My favorite defensive play of the evening was when 6-10 backup center Mitch McGary had the ball about 20 feet from the basket with EE on him. Mitch throws a pump fake (as if he's going to pop it from 20 feet away) and EE goes for the block...flying through the air right past a now driving Mitch McGary. That was awesome.

I think most of us here can relate to getting upset with referee's when the game isn't going our way. It's almost never rational, but since when is being a fan supposed to be rational? What I can't understand is people like you who get just as, if not even more worked up about people not being happy with referees. Support your team with full force (and yes, that means be irrational when they lose) or shut up and go away

Being a fan is supposed to be rational, because not being rational makes you look like the petulant crybaby that you're looking like right now. If you're okay with that then more power to you I suppose.

Being a fan is supposed to be rational, because not being rational makes you look like the petulant crybaby that you're looking like right now. If you're okay with that then more power to you I suppose.

Oh no!!!! You'll look bad if you cheer irrationally for your team?!?!? No! That's what Wisconsin fans do! And Iowa fans! Not us! We are the refined Gopher fans! We will turn on our players and our team quicker than you can blink, because we are so refined and mature and adult like. Suck it Wisconsin! We hate our team, you love yours. What losers.

Seriously, Cubs fans have spent their time supporting a team who has won zero championships in the same time frame Gopher football has won multiple. Not very rational. And yet we want to be proud because we look at our team so rationally and will criticize them as much as we can to prove we aren't homers? Indiana filled their home games even when they sucked. Not so much for Minnesota fans, but I guess that's because we are all so rational.

Oh no!!!! You'll look bad if you cheer irrationally for your team?!?!? No! That's what Wisconsin fans do! And Iowa fans! Not us! We are the refined Gopher fans! We will turn on our players and our team quicker than you can blink, because we are so refined and mature and adult like. Suck it Wisconsin! We hate our team, you love yours. What losers.

Seriously, Cubs fans have spent their time supporting a team who has won zero championships in the same time frame Gopher football has won multiple. Not very rational. And yet we want to be proud because we look at our team so rationally and will criticize them as much as we can to prove we aren't homers? Indiana filled their home games even when they sucked. Not so much for Minnesota fans, but I guess that's because we are all so rational.

+1

I do get annoyed by fans who are so bound and determined to avoid looking like "homers" that they knock their own team at every opportunity and won't shut up about how awesome their rivals are, and just how awesome every other team but their own is. Like everyone who has been going on about how great Wisconsin and Bo Ryan are since they beat Indiana, despite the fact that they have done nothing else to prove they are anything more than a middle to lower tier Big Ten team this year.

Top Bottom