Official Gophers in the NFL Updates Thread

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Figure we can have an ongoing thread discussing any goings on for Gophers in the NFL.

Should get a chance to see Traye Simmons tonight for San Diego on ESPN, vs Seattle.

Figure we can have an ongoing thread discussing any goings on for Gophers in the NFL.

Should get a chance to see Traye Simmons tonight for San Diego on ESPN, vs Seattle.

I got Dominique Barber's autograph at Texans training camp yesterday. He spent most of his time running with the 2nd and 3rd string defense.

Decker the starting slot receiver for Denver tonight. One catch for 29 yards on their first drive.

Simoni Lawrence could make the team for a young Buccaneers Linebacking corps

Simmons had 4 solo tackles, including a TFL in yesterday's game.

Bucs-Chiefs on Fox tonight. Simoni Lawrence, as mentioned, is third string weakside linebacker and should get some time tonight.

Player formerly known as Greg White

According to tweet he has signed with the Vikings. Stylez G. White. Hope he can help them out.

Am I the only one who doesn't see any reference to Adam in the above article?

Oh jeez, there must have been an old version when I clicked on it (it was just 4 or 5 paragraphs). Nevermind now.

Rhys Lloyd kicking for the Giants tonight

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

In his four NFL campaigns, all with the Buccaneers, White has accumulated 24 sacks. His best season came as a rookie out of the University of Minnesota in 2007

Whoever wrote that article is an idiot. White was drafted by the Texans in 2002, bounced around the league for a few years before becoming the AFL defensive player of the year in 2007. He then signed with the Bucs.

Weber Notes from Denver

I thought this was a pretty good article. I think Weber was a pretty good QB at the U and was the victim of coaching staff changes and a general lack of talent. I doubt he will make the Denver final roster, but he looks to be practice squad in the worse case and could land on someone else's depth chart. Glad to hear it for Adam and the U.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The young quarterback dropped back smoothly in the pocket, looked off the safety and dropped a gorgeous touch pass over the coverage and into the corner of the end zone. His surprised target came out of his break to see the ball arcing downward, and reached up to snatch it just beyond a cornerback’s flailing arms.

Wooooooooooo! numerous Denver Broncos players exclaimed in unison, marveling at the inexperienced passer’s chutzpah and skill.

Yep, Broncos fans – it seems Adam Weber(notes), a rookie free agent from Minnesota, has a little bit of game.

“He threw that ball before the receiver made his cut, and it came down in the dude’s hands like, ‘Merry Christmas,’ ” Pro Bowl wideout Brandon Lloyd(notes) recalled Monday. “He’s thrown four or five passes like that in camp where it’s been like … whoa. Weber’s got personality, and he’s got some swag about him, too.”

Not shocking, Tebow plays better in games than practice and Weber plays better in practice than he does games.

I rewatched 2 quarters of the 2010 IA-MN game and oh brother was Weber awful that game. The BTN edited games show how poor both qbs played. minny D did breakup a good number of mcnutt catches tho.

I rewatched 2 quarters of the 2010 IA-MN game and oh brother was Weber awful that game. The BTN edited games show how poor both qbs played. minny D did breakup a good number of mcnutt catches tho.
give me that, that, that, mcnutt

Doesn't suprise me in the least, Weber gets a lotta hate here, but he was decent. I think his problem was he just fell victim a little bit to the Brewster era. There were a lot of things wrong during that time and Weber got a front seat for every single second of it. Think about that, virtually his entire playing career was spent head coached by Tim Brewster, complete with five OCs or whatever it was. Then in the span of five games after Brewster leaves, he has two of his best wins of his career.

Obviously Brewster didn't make Weber bounce the five yard passes or misfire slants, but rhythm and comfort are a big part of playing quarterback, and Weber had little of either when he was here.

Doesn't suprise me in the least, Weber gets a lotta hate here, but he was decent. I think his problem was he just fell victim a little bit to the Brewster era. There were a lot of things wrong during that time and Weber got a front seat for every single second of it. Think about that, virtually his entire playing career was spent head coached by Tim Brewster, complete with five OCs or whatever it was. Then in the span of five games after Brewster leaves, he has two of his best wins of his career.

Obviously Brewster didn't make Weber bounce the five yard passes or misfire slants, but rhythm and comfort are a big part of playing quarterback, and Weber had little of either when he was here.

I'll add to that with another stance that won't be popular. Weber did (does) have mechanical problems with his delivery and Fisch did try to fix that. He also suffered greatly when they moved away from the spread and the O-line's performance his junior year didn't give him much time or comfort to throw the ball. Ironically, the move from the spread probably put him in a position to translate his skills to the professional level, as there's not a team in pro football that runs Dunbar's system with any sort of regularity. So, I'm not surprised to see Weber getting some buzz (although a lot of it is simply because of the lightening rod that is Tim Tebow). Weber is a decent athlete with some moxie and a good arm.

As for Tebow, when they bring back the single-wing, he'll be an All-Pro QB. He's Bobby Douglass Part II.

Good for him!(If it's true) He was a class act and will get his chance.

Why that's like saying some of the outstanding talent scouts here on this board may be mistaken in how they evaluated Weber...could not possibly be true...:rolleyes:

It also sounds like Weber hasn't had a snap in a preseason game yet. So, as the Wolf says in Pulp Fiction... "Let's not start sucking each other's _____ just yet."

I really hope he finds a way to make the roster but given all the name clout and money invested in the players above him on the current depth chart, it might take a bold move such as the Broncos cutting Tebow for this to happen.

Tebow is getting hammered right and left so the Weber comments might just be a way to further the point that Tebow isn't a pro QB.

Let me know when he can consistently complete a pass to a stationary receiver <5 yards away.

Top Bottom