Official Fan Poll for Head Football Coach

Rosemountian

Reaction score
Just for fun.

List the top 3 people (in order) you would like to see. No restrictions as to who you can vote for, but try to make at least 1 candidate realistic
Sometime late in the week when I am bored I will total them up.

5 points for a first place vote
3 points for a second place vote
1 point for a third place vote

We'll see if anyone actually responds.

My Ballot
1) Bellotti
2) Leach
3) Mark Farley (UNI)

1.) Mike Leach
2.) Troy Calhoun
3.) Ken Niumatalolo

1. Mark Richt
2. Gary Patterson
3. Dan Mullen

Go Gophers!!

I am shocked that NOBODY is putting Chris Petersen in their top 3.

1. Chris Petersen
2. Gary Patterson
3. Dan Mullen

I am shocked that NOBODY is putting Chris Petersen in their top 3.

1. Chris Petersen
2. Gary Patterson
3. Dan Mullen
That is because of the failures of these 2 who preceded him:

dan-hawkins-p1.jpg

XrsER.jpg

1. Dream Candidate: Harbaugh
2. The only tier 1.5 guy. My pick for who will end up being the coach: Mike Stoops
3. Not sold yet on any tier 2 guy. Probably Hoke or Calhoun.

That is because of the failures of these 2 who preceded him:

Neither of those two were 59-4 Overall, 37-1 in their conference or 2-0 in BCS games, were they? To be afraid of him because of Dan Hawkins or Dirk Koetter is ridiculous.

Keep trumpeting Rob Ryan big guy.

Neither of those two were 59-4 Overall, 37-1 in their conference or 2-0 in BCS games, were they? To be afraid of him because of Dan Hawkins or Dirk Koetter is ridiculous.

A fair response. However, what I said is the reality of the situation. Petersen hasn't been involved in any coaching search for a major job despite his success, mostly due to the failures elsewhere of the people he followed. He didn't build this program from scratch, he inherited a Top 25 team from Hawkins. Obviously, people have concerns about him. Can Petersen recruit on the level needed to compete at a BCS school? Can Petersen handle the pressure at a BCS school with an impatient administration/boosters paying him to replicate what he did at BSU?

Hes 2-0 in BCS games, and 0-2 in non-BCS games. Not a knock on him, just wanted to state facts.

Keep trumpeting Rob Ryan big guy.

Thanks, but I dont see it happening anytime soon because he has a NFL job lined up next season.

1. Mike Leach
2. Kevin Sumlin
3. Ken Niumatuolo (sp?)

1 Harbaugh
2 Mullen
3 Hoke
4 Golden
5 Calhoun
6 Peterson
7 Patterson
8 Navy guy (can't spell his name)
9 Sumlin
10 former B.C. guy (can't spell HIS name either)

A fair response. However, what I said is the reality of the situation. Petersen hasn't been involved in any coaching search for a major job despite his success, mostly due to the failures elsewhere of the people he followed. He didn't build this program from scratch, he inherited a Top 25 team from Hawkins. Obviously, people have concerns about him. Can Petersen recruit on the level needed to compete at a BCS school? Can Petersen handle the pressure at a BCS school with an impatient administration/boosters paying him to replicate what he did at BSU?

Hes 2-0 in BCS games, and 0-2 in non-BCS games. Not a knock on him, just wanted to state facts.

I do not want to hijack the thread. I respect those concerns, but am more impressed by actual results and his overall record.

Love your avatar by the way. Soda Popinski. Classic.

1.)Troy Calhoun
2.) Kevin Sumlin ( I think he will be our guy)
3.) Ken Niumatalolo

1. Gary Patterson
2. Jerry Kill
3. Dana Halgorson

Top Bottom