***OFFICIAL EASTERN MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Agreed. If we had an offensive coordinator even close to the level of Rossi on defense, Gopher games would be way more fun to watch. Sometimes it feels like watching paint drying, even if we are winning. We have offensive talent, we seem to struggle with using the talent as effectively as we should.
But what if we run it 50 times with our WRs and TE getting single coverage with 8 yards of cushion? It’s idiotic. You make everything easier if you just air it out early and our starters are out by 3rd quarter. Straight plus matchups everywhere outside and I get we ran it nicely, but this should not have been remotely close

Lotta whining about the running game last week. Hope that Fleck didn't just want to show people it's still good.

Another Special Teams score!

But what if we run it 50 times with our WRs and TE getting single coverage with 8 yards of cushion? It’s idiotic. You make everything easier if you just air it out early and our starters are out by 3rd quarter. Straight plus matchups everywhere outside and I get we ran it nicely, but this should not have been remotely close
I agree in most cases. One of my biggest gripes about PJ (and don't get me wrong, he is far and away the best Gopher coach in my 4+ decades) is that he often plays not to lose, rather than playing to win. I know sometimes that is the "smart" move, but to really get to another level you can't be afraid to go after the win.

I sort of messed up. I thought it would rain too much and sold my ticket. Did it rain there much?

Top Bottom