***OFFICIAL ALABAMA VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I had to go back and watch the replay after hearing what happened. I'm speechless. So much chaos.

Schematically, IMHO I think the Gophers should have won this game without the ejections.

To those that are freaking out... calm down. The Gophers showed during the ‘real’ game (first 30 min) that they were the better team. They were absolutely having their way against a top 25 team. The last 10 min were unprecedented. Pitino clearly pitied Alabama after the bench clearing ejections, foul out, and injured player, and didn’t want to run up the score. Did he pity them too much? Yes. Should the Gophers have attacked without mercy until up by 20, then play easy? Yes. Did those three players play out of their minds? Yes. Did Isaiah Washington miss five consecutive jumpers? Annoyingly yes. A win is a win. Next up: Miami...

Excellent game. Dominant victory by the Gopher basketball players. Rick Pitino would be proud of his son for calling off the dogs and not embarrassing Alabama.

About the crowd....sorry, but if I were a neutral observer, I'd be cheering for the clear underdog too. Those same observers were loving Mason just a dozen minutes or so earlier, and were cheering IW (the home kid) the entire time.
Consider it a dry run for when we're a 2 or 3 seed and we face some adversity against a lower seed in March. No different. Gotta maintain your composure at all times.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

People are making too big of a deal out of this 5-point win stuff. Pitino clearly just wanted to run out time to secure the W. The refs were going to give free calls to Alabama for being down 2 guys, so it made no sense for us to be trapping or playing aggressive D. Fouling them, like when Coffey got called in the corner for not even touching their guy, would have hurt worse than them lifting up a prayer three with 4 seconds left on the shot clock. All in all I think Pitino played it right. If they miss 2 of their Hail Mary threes and we hit one more of ours, then this would have been a 14 point game and the narrative would have been completely different.

Top Bottom