Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

What is the measure of the hand? Tip of Middle finger to base of palm or expanded width from pinky to thumb? Those are some big handa either way.
Measurement is expanded width from pinky to thumb.

Eden Prairie DL flips from Yale to Northwestern.

This is related to "2024 Gophers football recruiting" how, exactly?
You sir are ridiculous. A kid from a top program in the state that develops D1 players is signing with another B1G school. 2024 recruiting isn't over. Many people on here tend to like seeing where MN kids are going to play football.

On3 has top 5 in the state as Perich, Mandell, Jide, Mo Saine, Gilmore, in that order. Sucks to lose on the other 3 but #1 and #4 is pretty good.

I like the addition but I don’t think this helps us outside of a camp/scout arm. The staff is still planning on taking a transfer QB right?

Ideally we'd get a transfer that has 2 years left. Could back up this year and compete with Lindsey next year.
I’d think they’re waiting for the spring window for QB, DL, and Edge. Portal is pretty picked over now

I’d think they’re waiting for the spring window for QB, DL, and Edge. Portal is pretty picked over now
If Lindsey and Shikenjanski show this spring to be viable back-ups they may not need another QB. I'd think they would want another experienced guy, but they've already got the starter, so it will have to be a guy who wants to be on scholarship as a back-up with the ability to compete next year.

If Lindsey and Shikenjanski show this spring to be viable back-ups they may not need another QB. I'd think they would want another experienced guy, but they've already got the starter, so it will have to be a guy who wants to be on scholarship as a back-up with the ability to compete next year.
The biggest problem for bringing someone in is that we've basically handed the starting spot to MaxBro on a silver platter. And now, anyone they bring in will have missed spring ball.

So it would have to be a guy who all but knows 2024 he's guaranteed to be the backup.

You of course could bring a guy with three years left, but then he probably hasn't played much and Shiken and Lindsey have four years left anyway so only one additional years at that point.

It's tough to see them landing, say: a P5 or G5 guy who redshirted, then started for a year or two, got beat out last year, is looking for a change, has two years left ....... but is going to burn one of those being MaxBro's backup.

Don't think that unicorn is out there.

They need to have real QB competition. PJ Fleck was too loyal to AK. Tanner Morgan was a blessing.

They need to have real QB competition. PJ Fleck was too loyal to AK. Tanner Morgan was a blessing.
I see these claims all the time when it comes to football?

Why do people think there isn't one?

Considering the scale of portal QB transfers and teams changing QBs ... it seems far more likely that there's just a lot of not great QBs out there and as sad as it is not good QBs are winning competitions ...

Last edited:

Long snapper officially signed today on Winter NLI day.

Guess we flipped him?

Soukup resisted the glitz and glamour of USC, and accepted an offer from Indiana University, a part of the country that feels more like a second home to Soukup, whose parents are both Kansas University alums.

“It was pretty amazing getting an offer from USC, but when it came down to it, I went with my heart,” Soukup explains. “We moved to Arizona when I was three, but my parents still have a lot of family living in the Midwest, and where I was born, so when I got an offer from Indiana, it felt right and made the most sense for me. I feel fortunate the way things have worked out.”

FWIW -

Just saw on the scroll that OSU #3 and Ducks #4 ranked classes.

Indiana's New coach pulled his scholarship offer.
Must have just not liked the idea of using a scholarship on a long snapper.

You sir are ridiculous. A kid from a top program in the state that develops D1 players is signing with another B1G school. 2024 recruiting isn't over. Many people on here tend to like seeing where MN kids are going to play football.
Your namesake is ridiculous. And so are you. Nice hair dye.

Top Bottom