Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 2 linebackers that seem to be the top targets kind of seem like 50/50 shots at landing them. Hood and Buddins. Not sure what other guys they are looking at right now.
Besides Ratzlaff, I'd say Bam Booker might be the guy if the Gophers can't land any of the others. He has an offer, his rating is fairly high, and I believe that he is a teammate of Crumpley. Besides, what a great name for a linebacker!

Is Perry announcing today (for Louisville) and Irving tomorrow? I can't remember/find the dates...

Ratzlaff is another, and he would also fit into the 50/50 camp
I have no inside knowledge on Ratzlaff but he is a legit NHL prospect. I think it's extremely unlikely he plays college football. He is the #90 North American skater in his class.

According to the Illinois boards, apparently Irving is tonight at 1AM EST? They seem to think he is a lock for us but we'll see.
Didn't Sam Jackson say on his instagram live awhile back that Mar'Keise Irving is committing on May 9th because it's a significant day for him and the college he's choosing? If that's true then that would point to MN since MN offered him last year on May 9th. Anybody else here that? Hopefully it's true

Didn't Sam Jackson say on his instagram live awhile back that Mar'Keise Irving is committing on May 9th because it's a significant day for him and the college he's choosing? If that's true then that would point to MN since MN offered him last year on May 9th. Anybody else here that? Hopefully it's true
And at midnight because he can’t wait any longer.

According to the Illinois boards, apparently Irving is tonight at 1AM EST? They seem to think he is a lock for us but we'll see.

gophers are in the lead and the projected winners.

That makes Ky Thomas and Irving in back to back years. They will only take one running back if it's Irving.

Irving would be a great addition to the class. Then lock in a few solid OL, and fill in the rest of the class with whatever is needed.

Bummer- was hoping to see the announcement before I hit the sack!

Looks like the only crystal ball prediction so far is now saying Minnesota. I believe that’s a recent change as yesterday it was undecided.

Edit: actually now looks like 3/3 are saying Minnesota.

Looks like the only crystal ball prediction so far is now saying Minnesota. I believe that’s a recent change as yesterday it was undecided.

YES! Wilfong is one of them too. That's a great sign

Prior to today there was only 1 crystal ball and it was “undecided”

With Wilfong and Trieu both predicting Minnesota, it is pretty much a certainty. I would guess he will make the announcement today or tomorrow

^^^ Wow, three crystal balls for the Gophers all just came in today around noon within 14 minutes of another.

Guessing he told Fleck late this morning that he's in, and these guys are getting their "balls in" to up their stats before the announcement is made.

Awesome!

Irving is a beautiful get for this class. Let's get that RB room stocked up!

The best part would be beating out Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska and Purdue for a legit 4-star Chicagoland kid. Not to mention Illinois. Wow

^^^ Wow, three crystal balls for the Gophers all just came in today around noon within 14 minutes of another.

Guessing he told Fleck late this morning that he's in, and these guys are getting their "balls in" to up their stats before the announcement is made.

Awesome!
This is exactly how it happens

honestly the crystal ball thing is completely worthless until <24hrs before the verbal when word gets out and the main recruiting insiders put in their ball and everyone else just follows along.

This is exactly how it happens

honestly the crystal ball thing is completely worthless until <24hrs before the verbal when word gets out and the main recruiting insiders put in their ball and everyone else just follows along.
Perhaps. But not always!

This is the most fun I've had following Gopher football ever. I'm very excited to see what happens in the next few years.

So, without jinxing anything, getting Irving would put us at 3 of the top 7 Illinois recruits? Insanity.

Off topic from the Irving discussion-hopefully he's coming!!-but I was seeing a lot of people speculating on Ratzlaff. Isn't he going to be playing hockey for the gophers? Did that change? Is that now up in the air?

So, without jinxing anything, getting Irving would put us at 3 of the top 7 Illinois recruits? Insanity.
Fleck is a Chicago native, he must either already have or is working hard to build excellent relationships with the Chicago coaches.

Chicago is the capital of the Big Ten, and the biggest presence we can build there, can only help us.

Off topic from the Irving discussion-hopefully he's coming!!-but I was seeing a lot of people speculating on Ratzlaff. Isn't he going to be playing hockey for the gophers? Did that change? Is that now up in the air?
Wild speculation: maybe family is thinking it will be “easier” to “make it” in football than hockey?

Don’t you have to be playing hockey year round, playing on Juniors teams, etc, to be a major prospect for the NHL? I could be well wrong in that.

Wild speculation: maybe family is thinking it will be “easier” to “make it” in football than hockey?

Don’t you have to be playing hockey year round, playing on Juniors teams, etc, to be a major prospect for the NHL? I could be well wrong in that.
From what I've seen he's a highly touted recruit. At 6'3" 225 as a junior he's a big kid on the ice

I can go to an Illinois board and see what they post. They have all sorts of names for Fleck, and it's because we keep taking what they want from their state.

check your inbox Mpls!

He is an expected 4th Rd draft pick in NHL this year (if draft happens). Essentially he has made it to some degree. My understanding is if he plays football it will be because he loves playing the game. He is a great athlete that will excel in whatever he picks. However, hockey would pose the least risk if the goal is to be a professional athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom