Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
This offense finally has to be an attractive place for QBs and WR. Who doesn’t like scoring on 75 yard passing plays?

This offense finally has to be an attractive place for QBs and WR. Who doesn’t like scoring on 75 yard passing plays?

What could have been... Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan passed on the Gophers. I thought on both instances that for sure they are going to be Gophers. Max Duggan in particular. TCU came in at the last minute and Max he like Gary Patterson's tale better than PJ Fleck's.

What could have been... Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan passed on the Gophers. I thought on both instances that for sure they are going to be Gophers. Max Duggan in particular. TCU came in at the last minute and Max he like Gary Patterson's tale better than PJ Fleck's.

The fact we were in on those guys was the start. The fact that we have our 2021 QB commit who will be on par with those two is the end result. Our depth in 2 years at QB (I'm sure either Clark or Kramer will transfer) will be crazy.

I do wish we had Bachmeier...even with Morgan being so good.

<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="1193294062809493504" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitter-widget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

There's room for you in the boat big man!<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2d991e3dfc9abb2549972ce8b64c5d85.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forums.gopherhole.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

If this was the B-ball board coach would be getting hammered

Difference in hoops is that 1 player can make a bigger difference than in Football. Football is more of a team game - can't win with just 1 or 2 players. In hoops, 1 or 2 players can absolutely make a huge difference. so, each recruit in hoops is a little more important.

Now, if 5 or 6 top in-state FB recruits all came out on the same day and announced they were going to WI or IA, I think you would definitely see some conversation.

not to mention the fact that so far, Pitino has missed on all of the top in-state recruits. Fleck is at least getting some of the top recruits from MN.

Fleck will never completely lock down the borders. RTB is a strong flavor that some won't like or even consider. Others (from all over the country) will love it, so we will come out ahead.

This kid was on the field against Penn State. I'm about done with Minnesota kids in both sports. Get whoever wants to play here.
Yes to this take. Who gives a damn where our kids are from if we are winning? I want kids in maroon and gold who want to be Gophers. Why do I care if they are from Minnesota or Georgia?

Can this be about anything other than loving or hating Fleck? I’m tired of hearing about if a kid leaves the state or rather is considering another school other than the U that they must have been turned off by Fleck’s strong personality or RTB culture.

I wish we could keep the good ones home, but dang, can we let a kid leave home and not make it all about Fleck?

This kid was on the field against Penn State. I'm about done with Minnesota kids in both sports. Get whoever wants to play here.
Yup.
This is why I would hesitate if Spielman wanted to transfer here. You can leave, but you can’t come back.

Can this be about anything other than loving or hating Fleck? I’m tired of hearing about if a kid leaves the state or rather is considering another school other than the U that they must have been turned off by Fleck’s strong personality or RTB culture.

I wish we could keep the good ones home, but dang, can we let a kid leave home and not make it all about Fleck?
I am super happy that the Gophers are on a roll and getting national exposure. However, I think you do have to be the right kind of recruit to fit in with Fleck. Fleck comes with a package and the kids he gets will have to be the kind that buy into that culture.

Are you committing to Fleck or are you committing to the program? When locals have committed to Wisconsin and Iowa, stability has to play a big part in it and that’s an image of the U that the athletic department has to change. Reality is right now, we have a lot of kids committing to play for Fleck which is great but when it comes to high level prospects that have options, it’s understandable when they choose a place of stability and on top of that a place pumping out NFL guys annually. We’re on the right track but it’s going to take time to change that image.

It’s obviously a bummer but this staff’s given us no reason to worry when it comes to recruiting. Remember how it sucked when Aaron Witt flipped to Iowa? Couple months later, the staff pulled in Danny Striggow and I feel pretty good about his future. Others will follow.

I am super happy that the Gophers are on a roll and getting national exposure. However, I think you do have to be the right kind of recruit to fit in with Fleck. Fleck comes with a package and the kids he gets will have to be the kind that buy into that culture.

I agree with this. But often when a kid goes elsewhere someone feels the need to point out the ‘Fleck isn’t for everyone’ or ‘you either love him or hate him’ kind of talk. Could it be possible that a kid just likes another program more and not necessarily hate Fleck?

I agree with this. But often when a kid goes elsewhere someone feels the need to point out the ‘Fleck isn’t for everyone’ or ‘you either love him or hate him’ kind of talk. Could it be possible that a kid just likes another program more and not necessarily hate Fleck?

I was very indecisive when I was 18. Depended who talked to me last that sometimes left the strongest impression. If he was in Iowa for the game this week ... the atmosphere and excitement might have been enough to convince him. We have lost a lot of players over the years to Iowa. I don't think that Iowa has lost a lot of players to MN (instate Iowa players). I think Iowa players grow up hoping to play for Iowa someday. I don't think MN players are to that point yet.

I heard we cooled on him since he couldn't get a Western Michigan offer.

kids parents are all about giving and serving.

I both understand you, and get where they’re coming from.

Kids are fickle and ornery creatures. They want to get out of Minnesota. Get away from mom and dad, siblings, strike out on their own path. Some kids, not all.

This pretty much stone cold proves it. What else could it be?? Minnesota football has arguably never been as good as it is right now, with as bright if future as it has right now. And still they want out of the state.

Yup.
This is why I would hesitate if Spielman wanted to transfer here. You can leave, but you can’t come back.
Nah. I just don’t see the benefit of burning bridges like that. Life is too short. You never know when you might wanna cross the bridge again someday. Building a new bridge takes a lot of work, and often just doesn’t get done. Leave it up.

Won't be any playing time for him playing behind all the 5*'s we'll be getting after this year.

I can understand kids going away like to Stanford or OSU. But, why one State over? Iowa has an established program and must have sold the kid after Iowa thumped the Gophers. They do send athletes to the Pros in Defense.

MN will get there eventually.

not to mention the fact that so far, Pitino has missed on all of the top in-state recruits. Fleck is at least getting some of the top recruits from MN.

Pitino landed Coffey and Oturu, two top 50 recruits. Fleck hasn't landed a single MN 4 star since he's been here and has missed on guys like Carroll, Benhart, Mahlman, Sullivan and (likely) Kaden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom