Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

DeMarcus was Jay Johnson's QB recruit. He got himself in with the cabal and probably will not be back. Campbell and Jones were the day after NSD.

He might be, he's part of the second five

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do all of these cryptic messages mean?! I already know I'm not going to get any work done tomorrow :(

It sounds like it is grades related

To me Chambers would just be another guy if he were on the O-line. His size advantage is something we've never seen before on our D-line, at least in a long time and would be something that gets me easily excited. He is the type of big yet athletic DT that the SEC typically gobbles up that has been so hard to recruit for us recently.

Said it before, say it again- PJ hasn't experienced how difficult it can be to get kids into BIG schools before. Too bad - I liked the looks of the kid.

He hasn't been offered a scholarship from what I can see. It's ok if they don't fill that spot right away, somebody real good might just fall into their laps.

I hope they don't award a scholarship just to fill out the class. If they can find a guy that grades out in their minds, that's one thing, but I've always thought it's a mistake to go to the limit just to say that you had X number of scholarships available. It's alright to keep one in the bank to balance out the classes in the long term.

per Jace:

Jaran Roste’s collegiate decision was more complicated than it looked.

Alexandria’s senior quarterback could play at any of the six Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference schools that offered him scholarships to play at the Division-II level, or he could play for Minnesota.

For Roste, the Gophers were the easy choice.

Who wouldn’t want to play on the Big Ten stage for the state’s lone Division-I program?

But there was a catch: At Minnesota, Roste would be a walk-on, a non-scholarship player, leaving thousands of dollars on the table.

“It’s always a difficult decision,” he said. “Do you take a near-free education or do you go a different route?”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/3...-preferred-walk-on-route-a-risk-worth-taking/

Go Gophers!!

I hope they don't award a scholarship just to fill out the class. If they can find a guy that grades out in their minds, that's one thing, but I've always thought it's a mistake to go to the limit just to say that you had X number of scholarships available. It's alright to keep one in the bank to balance out the classes in the long term.
I wouldn't mind another CB though and Lubin looks good to me. He has offers from Iowa State, Pitt and Rutgers.

per CBS:

Boye ultimately chose to commit to Minnesota over offers from Rutgers, Wyoming, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa and South Dakota State.

He’s currently rated the No. 5 in-state prospect to-date on 247Sports own rating and No. 6 in-state on 247Sports Composite industry generated rating. Mafe holds a 3-star grading of 0.8247 on 247Sports Composite.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/breaking-mafe-commits-to-fleck-and-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

per Jace:

Alexandria’s senior quarterback could play at any of the six Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference schools that offered him scholarships to play at the Division-II level, or he could play for Minnesota.

Who wouldn’t want to play on the Big Ten stage for the state’s lone Division-I program?

But there was a catch: At Minnesota, Roste would be a walk-on, a non-scholarship player, leaving thousands of dollars on the table.

“It’s always a difficult decision,” he said. “Do you take a near-free education or do you go a different route?”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/3...-preferred-walk-on-route-a-risk-worth-taking/

Go Gophers!!

" Roste wants to major in finance and risk-management insurance,"

Could be a very valuable major.

per Jace:

Go Gophers!!

A "near-free education"? If he turned down a FCS school that would be the case but not Division II schools. Yes he may have turned down scholarship offers from Division II schools but their pool of scholarship funds would not allow them to give "a near free education" to a single player.

per Greder:

Under new head coach P.J. Fleck, the Gophers’ recruiting class has undergone an almost complete makeover. The exception is five prep players from Minnesota, who had given oral commitments to former coach Tracy Claeys that Fleck will honor.

When Fleck replaced Claeys on Jan. 6, he inherited a recruiting class with 10 outstate commitments. After Georgia cornerback Trey Creamer pledged to Iowa on Monday evening, nine of those recruits had moved on; the lone exception, Claeys-recruited junior college quarterback Neil McLaurin, who signed a letter of intent in December and is now enrolled at the U.

So in less than three weeks, Fleck has added 23 new recruits to the five from Minnesota as national signing day arrives Wednesday.

The Minnesota five are: Marshall offensive tackle Blaise Andries; Robbinsdale Cooper offensive tackle Eric Abojei; Woodbury tight end Nathan Bursch; East Ridge duo of running back Dominik London and kicker Grant Ryerse.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/3...eck-umn-recruiting-class-true-to-minnesotans/

Go Gophers!!

A "near-free education"? If he turned down a FCS school that would be the case but not Division II schools. Yes he may have turned down scholarship offers from Division II schools but their pool of scholarship funds would not allow them to give "a near free education" to a single player.
He probably could've combined athletic/academic scholarships for a near-free education, like he said.

WAIT! Can someone please enlighten me as to the final official status of chambers!? And please don't let the damn hippies turn this into a discussion about the EOAA office of bs . It's a simple question about chambers and his status. Thank you.

WAIT! Can someone please enlighten me as to the final official status of chambers!? And please don't let the damn hippies turn this into a discussion about the EOAA office of bs . It's a simple question about chambers and his status. Thank you.

He will not be signing with Minnesota tomorrow unfortunately

I predict it is Zayn Malik. Would be a good get this late.

I think I saw on the Kardashian channel that his girlfriend made him quit the team. She wasn't even that hot...

Top Bottom