Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Last two will most likely be Mafe and Robinson. Warren isn't leaving Ohio, and Armstrong committed to ND tonight.

I believe Creamer is gone because of the way he lied about his visit to Iowa. Bad way to leave a first impression with the coaching staff imo.

Last two will most likely be Mafe and Robinson. Warren isn't leaving Ohio, and Armstrong committed to ND tonight.

I believe Creamer is gone because of the way he lied about his visit to Iowa. Bad way to leave a first impression with the coaching staff imo.

I'm almost positive it's Mafe and Robjnson. Not a bad way to finish it up if that's the case. We filled the positions we need to. Time to get to coaching pretty quick here.

<b>I believe Creamer is gone because of the way he lied about his visit to Iowa. </b>Bad way to leave a first impression with the coaching staff imo.

At the risk of being accused of badmouthing teenagers - I'm glad Creamer is gone for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am thinking Robinson and Mafe. If Creamer is gone I think Silver takes his place.

I'd like to see one more OL, but with Rousemiller coming on board as a PWO, that need might not be there. Great to see some depth on the DL after this recruiting cycle. Most of this group will likely red-shirt, but we were looking pretty thin.

As others have said, hopefully the new CBs do well enough Douglas is free to play WR. We could use playmakers there. I think we have a few guys who could be good possession WRs but no playmakers who can catch the ball consistently.

I believe he's a 3 for 2 guy so gives us flexibility for next year.

Yeah, we will probably have the luxury to RS him with Stetler, Richardson, Jackson and Moore in the mix. It's not a terrible idea to get Silver PT this season though because he'll likely be playing extensively in 2018. But his signing makes a lot of sense.

I've got us at 27 commits this year currently and a total of 90 scholarships accounted for - not including Ca$hman

There was a Tweet earlier that Gophers had 5 new commits today. I've seen 4 announced. Who's the 5th do you suppose? Not sure who else visited

Obviously even if the kids are exonerated PJ is planning on dropping at least 5-6 of them. May make for some discord in the locker room?

Obviously even if the kids are exonerated PJ is planning on dropping at least 5-6 of them. May make for some discord in the locker room?

How do you know this? Just let it play out.

How do you know this? Just let it play out.

Because he's already committed up to 90- unless there are 5 current players transferring which would usually have come out before now.

Because he's already committed up to 90- unless there are 5 current players transferring which would usually have come out before now.

Every team has people quit, move back home, or transfer to another school.

All kinds of things can still happen. Will be interesting to watch which recruits even stick over the next couple of days, and what surprises might happen. It's a big week with recruits and the committee. Yet, what we do know is that few of the recruits will have a significant impact next year, and it will take time to see what happens with most.

Potential suspensions aside, I would have guessed we would lose 3-6 players between now and August. It's pretty common in college football and even more common with a new coach. Streveler played in the Spring Game before transferring out.

Thankfully, for the players and the programs, the spring is a good time for a coach to sit a player down and let him know where he stands. I think it's similar to what Claeys did with Rhoda. They had a discussion and he probably said that there is a very small chance that he was not going to get jumped on the depth chart. They were probably 100% honest and said "and we're going to bring in JuCo QB". It's out of respect for the player that coaches do this. They let the guys know, if you are hoping to get PT, you'll probably have to look elsewhere.

We also saw it a couple years ago with Jephete Matilus.

I'm not going to start throwing out names, but we have some upperclassmen that seem like they will have a difficult time breaking into any sort of rotation. It's pretty likely that a couple of them would prefer to get PT for an FCS somewhere.

I could be wrong, but I don't think we will have a scholarship issue.

Potential suspensions aside, I would have guessed we would lose 3-6 players between now and August. It's pretty common in college football and even more common with a new coach. Streveler played in the Spring Game before transferring out.

Thankfully, for the players and the programs, the spring is a good time for a coach to sit a player down and let him know where he stands. I think it's similar to what Claeys did with Rhoda. They had a discussion and he probably said that there is a very small chance that he was not going to get jumped on the depth chart. They were probably 100% honest and said "and we're going to bring in JuCo QB". It's out of respect for the player that coaches do this. They let the guys know, if you are hoping to get PT, you'll probably have to look elsewhere.

We also saw it a couple years ago with Jephete Matilus.

I'm not going to start throwing out names, but we have some upperclassmen that seem like they will have a difficult time breaking into any sort of rotation. It's pretty likely that a couple of them would prefer to get PT for an FCS somewhere.

I could be wrong, but I don't think we will have a scholarship issue.

I acknowledge that all teams have attrition between now and fall football- but you can't have more than 85 signed at anytime- so 5 of our commits will not be signing or there's five players being let go by NSD.

Top Bottom