Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

A lot of guys are going to be moving over to the 2016 recruiting thread that were casually following the 2015 one.

Can someone put a recap together and give us an update at who are major targets are in the class and if we've signed anyone yet?

A lot of guys are going to be moving over to the 2016 recruiting thread that were casually following the 2015 one.

Can someone put a recap together and give us an update at who are major targets are in the class and if we've signed anyone yet?

+1. I am one of those people. I would certainly appreciate a recap on major targets and things also. I try to keep up on recruiting, but it requires more time to spend researching which I sadly don't have.

Garcia is committed LB Caughlin is the major in state recruit Gophers are looking at. It is a deep class and there are several others. You can check 2016 state ranking in Rivals and I think it lists the top 10

Man, it would be nice to get two in-state four-star recruits before spring practice even begins. We'd have some great momentum going into the summer.

At this point it's probably pretty pointless to follow who the out of state guys are as so many things will change and all but we have offered 6 instate guys and 5 of them were before their junior seasons.

Green-probably know about him, 4 star Oregon commit
Garcia-high 3/4 star gopher commit at DT
Coughlin-high 3/4 star OLB deciding between us, Oregon and OSU
Matt Kegel- Top two instate lineman, I'd bet he will be a very high 3 star, gophers positioned well. Also offered by Pitt
Sam Schlueter- The other top instate lineman, offers from us and Northwestern, will be a high 3 star I bet
Tyler Johnson- Minneapolis North QB with offers from us and Iowa. Probably will be a DB in college. Iowa probably forced us to offer when we would have liked to see him in camp during the summer.

And the next instate guys that could possibly get offered during summer camps would be Burnsville QB Kamal Martin, Armstrong LB Tommy Barber who is Marion's little brother and Prior Lake DT Jamahl Johnson who has surprisingly interest from Auburn and Georgia on his 247 page. Kjetil Cline from Eastridge is also a WR from Eastridge with offers from Pitt and Western Michigan but transferred to a Florida school.

Also the gophers offered a 2017 East Ridge kicker after his freshman season.

Awesome!

Thanks Bleed, die hard and dlw. I wish I had more time to devote to looking at recruiting info more, but alas, work schedule doesn't allow me to.

Awesome!

Thanks Bleed, die hard and dlw. I wish I had more time to devote to looking at recruiting info more, but alas, work schedule doesn't allow me to.
Agreed. I also wish I stayed current with fb recruiting. However,I care way too much about what others think about my beloved gopher basketball team and coach.

Awesome!

I second this. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point it's probably pretty pointless to follow who the out of state guys are as so many things will change and all but we have offered 6 instate guys and 5 of them were before their junior seasons.

Green-probably know about him, 4 star Oregon commit
Garcia-high 3/4 star gopher commit at DT
Coughlin-high 3/4 star OLB deciding between us, Oregon and OSU
Matt Kegel- Top two instate lineman, I'd bet he will be a very high 3 star, gophers positioned well. Also offered by Pitt
Sam Schlueter- The other top instate lineman, offers from us and Northwestern, will be a high 3 star I bet
Tyler Johnson- Minneapolis North QB with offers from us and Iowa. Probably will be a DB in college. Iowa probably forced us to offer when we would have liked to see him in camp during the summer.

And the next instate guys that could possibly get offered during summer camps would be Burnsville QB Kamal Martin, Armstrong LB Tommy Barber who is Marion's little brother and Prior Lake DT Jamahl Johnson who has surprisingly interest from Auburn and Georgia on his 247 page. Kjetil Cline from Eastridge is also a WR from Eastridge with offers from Pitt and Western Michigan but transferred to a Florida school.

Also the gophers offered a 2017 East Ridge kicker after his freshman season.

Nice list!

Coughlin is the cream of the crop and we're in good shape with him. It'd be great to have two 4* in-staters on board in Garcia and Coughlin before Spring Practice opens.

Kegel seems like a Gopher lock.

Schlueter will likely become a national level recruit that we'll have to fight to land.

Johnson from North could be a solid DB for us. Having the guy from Washburn on staff may help in his recruitment since they're both City Conference guys and he has experience with inner-city guys like Jeff Jones.

Barber allegedly is the most talented of the Barber clan and is a legacy, I'd be surprised if he didn't end up with a schollie.

Jamahl Johnson's Dad, Jimmie Johnson played in the NFL and is/was the TE Coach for the Vikings. He's a young kid still growing into a massive body, but we don't get homegrown 300lb guys with NFL bloodlines very often so I hope we show him plenty of love and can pair him up with Jojo Garcia. Also, these guys can list any schools they like in their profile, so I'm not sure if I buy the Auburn/Georgia interest. The one I see that looks legitimately interested in Jamahl Johnson right now is Nebraska.

Is it safe to say the in-state recruiting pool for 2016 is pretty deep?

This list is pretty incomplete and may be dated, but here are the outstate offers I could find:

ATH Khaleke Hudson, McKeesport PA
ATH Brendan Ferns, OH
DB Nigel Warrior, GA
OL Parker Boudreaux, Bishop Moore FL
RB Matt Falcon, MI
WR Jacob Robertson, GA
WR Aaron Mathews, Clairton, PA

Out-of-state offers are basically worthless to follow right now. We'll give out 100+ offers to some of the elite recruits at this stage just to see who bites. We'll maybe get interest from 5-10.

Go Gophers!!

I really want this kid based on his name alone.

edit: #$@%$#%&#@% Bleed!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

high 3/4 star tackle out of Indiana w/ offers from Cinci, Illinois, Indiana, and NW among others. Top 250 on 247

Typically don't follow out of state recruiting ver closely this early in the game but this might be one to keep an eye on. Seems interested the past few days.

4 star RB Matt Falcon is another one that I'll remember as he is teammates with Buford and Johnson at Southfield. We should be somewhat appealing at this point to o-lineman and RBs.

Top Bottom