Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I hope the student section gives him the same type of treatment Saturday they gave Jarvis when he visited. Chant his name as soon as he steps out of the tunnel and at least make sure he knows how much the fans want him to stay home.

5,000-35,000 chanting "We want Green" or "Stay home Green" can't hurt at this point.

I had no hope that we were going to land Green, but the article is making me pause. If Green knows he's going to Oregon, would he really come here for a game and unofficial visit 4 days before making his announcement? I know it's happened in the past (cough, cough Reid Travis), but I think Green is a little more savvy.

I had no hope that we were going to land Green, but the article is making me pause. If Green knows he's going to Oregon, would he really come here for a game and unofficial visit 4 days before making his announcement? I know it's happened in the past (cough, cough Reid Travis), but I think Green is a little more savvy.

It's possible that he took a second and thought about the situation he will end up in. Oregon will have other highly recruited QB's around him which may limit his opportunities. MN is pretty much wide open. Doesn't hurt that the Gophers have looked pretty good so far this season.

It's possible that he took a second and thought about the situation he will end up in. Oregon will have other highly recruited QB's around him which may limit his opportunities. MN is pretty much wide open. Doesn't hurt that the Gophers have looked pretty good so far this season.

God you guys are going to talk me into believing we actually have a chance but this is a great point. They have Mahalak who I believe redshirted this year and Waller coming in the 2015 class who will also probably redshirt his freshman year so how much playing time would Green actually get in his 5 years? 2 at the most? While here he would be handed the keys to the offense after Liedner's senior year and have 4 years to prepare for the NFL. If I were him I would stay home but i'm obviously biased :) I think he still ends up going to Oregon unfortunately.

I will not get my hopes up. I will not get my hopes up.

Jarvis Johnson said the football crowd chanting "Jarvis, Jarvis" impressed him . Seth needs the same type of greeting to make him a Gopher. let's do it!

Despite the obvious football comparisons between MN and Oregon, Green has already said he wants to major in Sport Marketing. Oregon = Nike U. Nothing to see here, lets all move on.

Signed,

Debbie Downer.

Green will most likely sit behind Travis Waller, a 2015 commit out of California. IMO, an order of magnitude better dual threat QB than Green, in the Oregon mold. Mahalak looks more like a pro-style QB with some mobility. It will be interesting to see how Oregon plays that situation the next few years.

If Green comes here, great. If not, I'm not that upset. I don't think he's a Jeff Jones-type talent at this point in time. If we're talking about potential only we should get excited about Demry Croft.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Green will most likely sit behind Travis Waller, a 2015 commit out of California. IMO, an order of magnitude better dual threat QB than Green, in the Oregon mold. Mahalak looks more like a pro-style QB with some mobility. It will be interesting to see how Oregon plays that situation the next few years.

If Green comes here, great. If not, I'm not that upset. I don't think he's a Jeff Jones-type talent at this point in time. If we're talking about potential only we should get excited about Demry Croft.

+1

Hellz yeah. My young brother Bailey Edwards had 216 yards on 5 catches and 2 TDs. #MICHIGAN let's not lose this Edwards brother to Minnesota— Braylon Edwards (@OfficialBraylon) October 11, 2014

Go Gophers!!

That comes off kind of weird. It sounds like he's more committed to Michigan than his brother. Or something. I don't know.

Goldy_Costumes_All.0.0.png

That comes off kind of weird. It sounds like he's more committed to Michigan than his brother. Or something. I don't know.

I paid close attention to his tweets the week of the Jug game and during the game and he didn't have a single mention of his brother the entire time. It was weird.

I paid close attention to his tweets the week of the Jug game and during the game and he didn't have a single mention of his brother the entire time. It was weird.

Braylon was on ESPN First Take on Tuesday and he did mention Berkley. Actually Skip Bayless brought it up.

He was on the Michigan sideline during the Jug game with a Michigan T-shirt on. I found it a little strange. Sure, it's your alma-mater, but your own brother is playing for the other team. I don't know, maybe it's just me who found that weird.

I don't know, the Edwards are from Michigan, the Edwards went to Michigan besides Berkley, I found it strange only Berkley roots for Minnesota and not all the Edwards, I don't know, maybe its just me.

He was on the Michigan sideline during the Jug game with a Michigan T-shirt on. I found it a little strange. Sure, it's your alma-mater, but your own brother is playing for the other team. I don't know, maybe it's just me who found that weird.

If my brother played for Wisconsin, I'd still be wearing Gopher gear...

He wore Michigan gear to the game. So.....yeah.

nm. Already mentioned.

He played for Michigan and they helped him get into the NFL. Most of his best buddies are Michigan guys. His dad is a Michigan guy. I doubt his brother running a few plays for Minnesota is going to change a lifetime of being a Michigan fan. That being said hopefully Berkley can convince his little brother to come to the school where Kill not Hoke is at…

I really thought we had Seth Green in the fold, since his Dad was Golden Gopher RB. Since I'm a cheap retiree and refuse to pay for any of those recruting sites, whose on our radar for potential 2016 QB's?

I would like to believe that the door is slightly open for SG with MN. He is a Class '16. Anything can happen between now and then. It was classy of him and his family to let the Gophers coaches know of his decision ahead of time.

I would like to believe that the door is slightly open for SG with MN. He is a Class '16. Anything can happen between now and then. It was classy of him and his family to let the Gophers coaches know of his decision ahead of time.

This.

I can't blame him for choosing Oregon. I was out at the campus over the summer and their facilities are amazing and the program has been successful over the past decade. Not to mention the coast was less than 2 hours away (amazing sea food in Florence). There would be zero complaint from me if he decided to flip his decision to the Gophs though.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just saw this posted-2016 QB Trent Pink, Elk River High School-trent ‏@pinktrent · Oct 18
What an amazing win by the Gophers!!! It was a sick visit and had a great time watching the game with 1st row seats! #SkiUMah

I just saw this posted-2016 QB Trent Pink, Elk River High School-trent ‏@pinktrent · Oct 18
What an amazing win by the Gophers!!! It was a sick visit and had a great time watching the game with 1st row seats! #SkiUMah

I don't claim to know a damn thing about high school football, but weren't there some folks on this board who thought that Pink could be a better college QB than Green, even before Green committed to Oregon?

I don't claim to know a damn thing about high school football, but weren't there some folks on this board who thought that Pink could be a better college QB than Green, even before Green committed to Oregon?
Think so. Pretty sure some also said he isn't even a good prospect, so who knows.

Really hope the Gophers get Matt Farniok. I remember watching his older brother Derek when I was in H.S. He dominated everyone. Would really like to have someone from my home state to root for! :D

Top Bottom