Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Interesting to see how hard they are trying to get him to flip since it seems like Martell Pettaway is visting next weekend too, who they are also trying to flip.

Interesting that 24/7 has a new prediction from Matt Humbert and it's Seth Green to Minnesota........still a 4 Star rated dual threat QB. Coming home?

Interesting that 24/7 has a new prediction from Matt Humbert and it's Seth Green to Minnesota........still a 4 Star rated dual threat QB. Coming home?

Interesting. I know he decommitted from Oregon. Have there been any updates since then on his recruitment?

Will Jerr even consider him since he stuffed us for Oregon? AND, didn't Jerr also say he wouldn't recruit another quarterback from Mn? kkkkkk, the more depth and competition would be good for us

I think if we stay with this offense, the QB is simply going to have to be quicker than Leidner on the QB-keepers. Both running options are going to have to be potential big play guys. Green and Croft would seem to fit that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Minnesota?src=hash">#Minnesota</a> DBs coach Jay Sawvel was at Niceville (Fla) High today to check on 2016 DB Romeo Finley, as well as some 2017's.
<a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsMN">@RyanBurnsMN</a></p>— Corey Bender (@Corey_Bender) <a href="https://twitter.com/Corey_Bender/status/657652838550675456">October 23, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

24/7 has him still as a hard commit to Oregon. Nothing documented about a decommitment.

247 chopped his ranking ina big way in late September, around the time the divorce from Oregon occurred. Interestingly, they still have him as an Oregon commit. I've come to expect nothing less from the crack squad at 247.

Note: hasn't officially decommitted, rumor is the coaches are allowing him to kick the tires at other programs to save some face, and/or he wants to keep that TE offer in case nobody wants him as a QB.

Would the Gophers risk losing Poljan if Green commits? Hopefully they will both join the program.

247 chopped his ranking ina big way in late September, around the time the divorce from Oregon occurred. Interestingly, they still have him as an Oregon commit. I've come to expect nothing less from the crack squad at 247.

Note: hasn't officially decommitted, rumor is the coaches are allowing him to kick the tires at other programs to save some face, and/or he wants to keep that TE offer in case nobody wants him as a QB.

As someone who's followed Green since he bolted, your post is misinformed.

Green was initially rated a 91 four star by 247. In August they lowered him to an 88 three star. This was after he wasn't invited to the Elite 11 and struggled to win the starting job at Allen. As you mentioned, they again lowered his rating to 86 a few weeks ago. This was after a QB needy team in Oregon decided they didn't want him at QB. Green is also still technically committed to Oregon, he still has an offer to play H Back for the Ducks, but they're allowing him to look around for a QB spot.

247 the only site to own up and make a change to a guy who is clearly not a four star recruit. Don't understand how that makes them a "crack squad".

As for Green and the Gophers, Burns and 247 noted that there was a possibility Minnesota would see him this week. No update on that though.

He could extend our tradition of having the best TE playing QB in the Big Ten to 8 years running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who's followed Green since he bolted, your post is misinformed.

Green was initially rated a 91 four star by 247. In August they lowered him to an 88 three star. This was after he wasn't invited to the Elite 11 and struggled to win the starting job at Allen. As you mentioned, they again lowered his rating to 86 a few weeks ago. This was after a QB needy team in Oregon decided they didn't want him at QB. Green is also still technically committed to Oregon, he still has an offer to play H Back for the Ducks, but they're allowing him to look around for a QB spot.

247 the only site to own up and make a change to a guy who is clearly not a four star recruit. Don't understand how that makes them a "crack squad".

As for Green and the Gophers, Burns and 247 noted that there was a possibility Minnesota would see him this week. No update on that though.

It was clear on tape. Not sure why he had the rating to begin with. Then the yo-yoking rating with the gyrations of the Oregon situation. Did they see new tape that altered their analysis, or just running with the Oregon snub?

Crack. Squad.

It was clear on tape. Not sure why he had the rating to begin with. Then the yo-yoking rating with the gyrations of the Oregon situation. Did they see new tape that altered their analysis, or just running with the Oregon snub?

Crack. Squad.

He was a 4 star on 247 along with every other site long before he committed to Oregon. He was a 4 star on Scout during his freshman year. And his film was actually very good. Better velocity, mechanics and athleticism than Demry or Poljan with similar size.

He was a 4 star on 247 along with every other site long before he committed to Oregon. He was a 4 star on Scout during his freshman year. And his film was actually very good. Better velocity, mechanics and athleticism than Demry or Poljan with similar size.

No. It doesn't matter how athletic he is or how pretty the motion is if he can't throw with accuracy. I'll take Poljan all day long. Too many of his throws off target, on a highlight reel no less.

Not a 4 star in ability, just in measurables.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I posted a while ago about how I was talking to some SW MN school administrators and they say this kid is really something on the basketball court where the difference in athleticism between him and the competition really shows up. They told me both his parents were D-1 athletes, so he probably has some great genes to work with.

I've see Drew play Basketball. the kid just glides up and down the court - makes it look like he's not running hard - but he's blowing by people.
I'm not sure he could play D1 hoops- but he's got a D1 FB offer, and I think there's a good chance he could be drafted in baseball. In terms of an all-around athlete, I would put him up in the category with a Barry Wohler. (I was tempted to say Joe Mauer, but considering how much some people dislike Mauer, I thought I'd go with a safer choice.)

No. It doesn't matter how athletic he is or how pretty the motion is if he can't throw with accuracy. I'll take Poljan all day long. Too many of his throws off target, on a highlight reel no less.

Not a 4 star in ability, just in measurables.

How do you know who is more accurate? Have you seen either play?

The question is whether Green can throw it so hard into the ground he leaves a divot? If so, he'll be a worthy successor.

How do you know who is more accurate? Have you seen either play?

Look at the tape. I don't see him as being clearly better than Poljan. Perhaps as a runner. His accuracy seems a bit worse. Look, we can agree to diagree. if you want to stargaze and get excited about measurables, so be it. The facts are he has never put up impressive numbers despite being a 3 year starter, he lost out on a head to head competition in high school, and he was told to prepare to be a TE or pound sand by Oregon. To date, nobody else is picking him up as a QB. I didn't see much that warrants a 4 star rating except athletic measurable a and the ever elusive "potential".

Top Bottom