Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

They have always been planning on taking at least one Juco DE this class.

Pleasantly surprised to see Howard and Barber both being rated a 5.6 three stars on Rivals. Was expecting Barber to be a 5.4 or 5.5 and Howard to be a 5.5 guy as well. Also, Spielman is a 5.7 three star and we have the 27th ranked class on Rivals. Albert O and Edwards still aren't rated.

Pleasantly surprised to see Howard and Barber both being rated a 5.6 three stars on Rivals. Was expecting Barber to be a 5.4 or 5.5 and Howard to be a 5.5 guy as well. Also, Spielman is a 5.7 three star and we have the 27th ranked class on Rivals. Albert O and Edwards still aren't rated.

Barber is an impact recruit for this team. He is underrated at 5.6. We are becoming a Linebacker U. That is a good thing.

Barber is an impact recruit for this team. He is underrated at 5.6. We are becoming a Linebacker U. That is a good thing.

Not sure I agree. I think he is being overrated by gopher fans because of his lineage.

The Barbers say he is the best athlete in the family.

The Barbers say he is the best athlete in the family.

Yeah, I definitely don't buy that. To me he looks like one of the least athletic LBs we have gotten a commitment from since Kill got here. He does have fantastic diagnostic skills and was extremely productive however but to me the last 5 LBs we have signed the past two years and even Beebe when at ILB all had better film. I suppose he is just a guy where you need to watch a full game to truly appreciate what he excels at which I have not.

Yeah, I definitely don't buy that. To me he looks like one of the least athletic LBs we have gotten a commitment from since Kill got here. He does have fantastic diagnostic skills and was extremely productive however but to me the last 5 LBs we have signed the past two years and even Beebe when at ILB all had better film. I suppose he is just a guy where you need to watch a full game to truly appreciate what he excels at which I have not.

He is the fourth Barber to join the program, and the prior three all outperformed expectations and projections (I don't believe any were that highly thought of, out of high school), and had a pro career. Of all the recruits to bet against, I would not pick Thomas Barber.

The senior Barber; Marion ll, was also under the radar like this. Michigan let him get away and he made them pay dearly. Thomas will be fine.

Hello from Indianapolis...If you want to see more about Jovann Swann, check out centergrovefootball.com. All of their HS games are on the site. My kid played against him last year (Warren Central vs Center Grove) 1st game of the year. Center Grove plays a run heavy offense, no nonsense defense...tough program year in year out. normally one of the top five programs in Indiana every year.

Looks like there was some bad info on Foster accepting an Army All American invite but he still could get one.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Have you seen him live or basing it on video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I specifically said that I have not seen a full game of him in my above post, no.

A full game has nothing to do with live or on video. Regardless, I grew up watching Marion and Dom and seeing Thomas play around on the sidelines. I have heard from multiple people back home he has the potential to be the best.

Knowing what I know of the Barber work ethic, he will reach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivals Ratings

Rivals has now evaluated all six of our verbals. The good news is that none of them are rated at less than 5.6. Sean Foster (ranked 15th) is a 4 star 5.8. Jovanny Garcia (ranked 30th) and Carter Coughlin (ranked 24th) are both rated at 5.7 with 3 stars. Philip Howard, Thomas Barber, and Sam Schlueter are all rated 5.6 with three stars. In addition Sam Schlueter is ranked 41st. It the past the majority of our three star players have been rated at 5.5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Thomas-Barber-164951

https://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/commitments/

Rivals has now evaluated all six of our verbals. The good news is that none of them are rated at less than 5.6. Sean Foster (ranked 15th) is a 4 star 5.8. Jovanny Garcia (ranked 30th) and Carter Coughlin (ranked 24th) are both rated at 5.7 with 3 stars. Philip Howard, Thomas Barber, and Sam Schlueter are all rated 5.6 with three stars. In addition Sam Schlueter is ranked 41st. It the past the majority of our three star players have been rated at 5.5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Thomas-Barber-164951

https://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/commitments/

For comparison sake, here are the amount of signed players rated 5.6 or higher in Kill's first five classes:
2015 - 7
2014 - 5
2013 - 9
2012 - 6
2011 - 8

Carter Coughlin: The four-star Minnesota commit earned an invite to The Opening, and proved to be just as elite as Hayes. A 247Sports rankings bump is in order for the 6-foot-3, ½, 212-pound Coughlin who posted the highest Nike Football Rating Score thus far for the linebacker position, which included a 4.53 40-yard dash, 4.16 shuttle, 40-foot powerball and a 36.1 vertical leap. Everything Hayes did during the competition segment, Coughlin did as well.

http://247sports.com/Article/Nike-Football-The-Opening-Chicago-Regional-Top-Performers-37101914

Top Bottom