Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Proud to announce my commitment to The University of Minnesota!
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/blessed?src=hash">#blessed</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SkiUMah?src=hash">#SkiUMah</a> 〽️</p>— bubba (@thomas_barber44) <a href="https://twitter.com/thomas_barber44/status/576473492604002304">March 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

[SUB][/SUB]
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Proud to announce my commitment to The University of Minnesota!
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/blessed?src=hash">#blessed</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SkiUMah?src=hash">#SkiUMah</a> 〽️</p>— bubba (@thomas_barber44) <a href="https://twitter.com/thomas_barber44/status/576473492604002304">March 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I know it's ridiculously early, but we are currently ranked 31st in the country in recruiting ahead of some notables like Michigan, Florida and Oklahoma. Of course the recruiting rankings don't matter crowd will poopoo this statement...

On the 247 site they no longer list Green as one of the top 10 recruits in state. Did he officially transfer from East Ridge or am I reading that wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the 247 site they no longer list Green as one of the top 10 recruits in state. Did he officially transfer from East Ridge or am I reading that wrong?

Yep. Transferred to Allen TX.

Cool, thanks. Upside is we now have the top 2 in state recruits. Bring on Tyler Johnson!

What do we know about this Barber?

MB3 and Dom have claimed that Thomas is the most athletic person in the family. He's been a top priority for the coaching staff and is projected to be a MLB, which is a position of definite need for the team.

Beyond that, I'm sure there are plenty of others who are much, much more knowledgeable than I am.

My guess is we don't get Spielman. Connections to OSU, plus Michigan and OSU can offer Lacrosse as second sport or fall back plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MB3 and Dom have claimed that Thomas is the most athletic person in the family. He's been a top priority for the coaching staff and is projected to be a MLB, which is a position of definite need for the team.

Beyond that, I'm sure there are plenty of others who are much, much more knowledgeable than I am.

I am a little surprised that at his size and his said athleticism that he would not get a look at RB. But I am happy he is a gopher.

My guess is we don't get Spielman. Connections to OSU, plus Michigan and OSU can offer Lacrosse as second sport or fall back plan.

He's already verbally committed to OSU to play Lacrosse. I'm guessing if the football offer came in he would likely grab it on the spot, but who knows. I think everyone is going to Ohio State lately, so keep that in mind. This one makes a little more sense than others, though.

As long as he doesn't go to Iowa or Wisconsin, I don't really care.

Yep. Transferred to Allen TX.

FWIW, which isn't much, Allen is one of the top high school programs in recent years. State champions, etc. Green's fathers "job transfer" has set off a **** storm of controversy amongst the fanatical fans down there. I don't know that it's that conteoversial, shades of Snoop Dog's son transferring to a big program in Vegas last few years.

I'm very interested to see what happens. Many think he will flop now that he's in a "big boy" league, many thinking up to and including losing the Oregon offer. He seems to have athleticism but mediocre production for a 3 yr starter.

FWIW, which isn't much, Allen is one of the top high school programs in recent years. State champions, etc. Green's fathers "job transfer" has set off a **** storm of controversy amongst the fanatical fans down there. I don't know that it's that conteoversial, shades of Snoop Dog's son transferring to a big program in Vegas last few years.

I'm very interested to see what happens. Many think he will flop now that he's in a "big boy" league, many thinking up to and including losing the Oregon offer. He seems to have athleticism but mediocre production for a 3 yr starter.

I believe Snoop's son goes to Bishop Gorman in LV. Since it's a private school, there is no residency requirement to attend. Allen is a public HS so that would be the reason for raising a stink. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

I believe Snoop's son goes to Bishop Gorman in LV. Since it's a private school, there is no residency requirement to attend. Allen is a public HS so that would be the reason for raising a stink. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

What about open enrollment? This is a non issue.

Wow, Allen Texas HS has a $60 million dollar stadium! AND it is only the fifth largest HS stadium in the state of Texas!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_High_School_%28Texas%29

https://www.google.com/search?q=allen+texas+football&biw=1152&bih=620&tbm=isch&imgil=Q3ZLMBhJxhnXFM%253A%253BKfBA3yDFuMbwLM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fen.wikipedia.org%25252Fwiki%25252FEagle_Stadium_(Allen%25252C_Texas)&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Q3ZLMBhJxhnXFM%253A%252CKfBA3yDFuMbwLM%252C_&usg=__mF89V_y43K--qkl6o8QUnLiFpro%3D&dpr=1.25&ved=0CDMQyjc&ei=qGAEVejEFcKwggSGo4G4CA#imgrc=Q3ZLMBhJxhnXFM%253A%3BKfBA3yDFuMbwLM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia.org%252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252Fc%252Fc1%252FEagle_Stadium.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fen.wikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FEagle_Stadium_(Allen%252C_Texas)%3B800%3B499

He's already verbally committed to OSU to play Lacrosse. I'm guessing if the football offer came in he would likely grab it on the spot, but who knows. I think everyone is going to Ohio State lately, so keep that in mind. This one makes a little more sense than others, though.

As long as he doesn't go to Iowa or Wisconsin, I don't really care.

You should just stop speculating all together. You were pretty sure that Carter was going to leave...and proceeded to eat crow. Give it a rest.

Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

He already transferred so he could do spring ball. Rivals list him as Allen Texas. The rumor I'm hearing is that Texas schools didn't want him unless he decommitted from Oregon. They have loyalties to Texas programs. Will be interesting to see if he stays committed to Oregon.

He's now on a team with the #1 player in Texas a 5* tackle committed to Texas A&M and two other top 100. He's #38.

Seeing Connor Coughlin run him down from behind takes away the sting of his commitment to Oregon

He already transferred so he could do spring ball. Rivals list him as Allen Texas. The rumor I'm hearing is that Texas schools didn't want him unless he decommitted from Oregon.

That is the silliest rumor I have ever heard. Yeah, my team doesn't want a top nationally recruited qb unless he commits to Abilene Christian

He already transferred so he could do spring ball. Rivals list him as Allen Texas. The rumor I'm hearing is that Texas schools didn't want him unless he decommitted from Oregon.

That is the silliest rumor I have ever heard. Yeah, my team doesn't want a top nationally recruited qb unless he commits to Abilene Christian

Texas top 100. Of 27 committed players, 23 to Texas schools and 4 out of state.

Let's see. Do I play Lacrosse or play B1G football for the hottest up and coming program in the country? If they all fit the Kill profile, why not 10 for 10. I really find the big Johnson kid interesting, but I'll let Jerry decide.

Two other words. Mike Sherels. :)

Let's see. Do I play Lacrosse or play B1G football for the hottest up and coming program in the country? If they all fit the Kill profile, why not 10 for 10. I really find the big Johnson kid interesting, but I'll let Jerry decide.

Two other words. Mike Sherels. :)

????

Found this full length game of EP vs Maple Grove incase you want to watch actual game film instead of highlights of Coughlin, Cashman and Speilman. Brad Davidson who gopher bball fans should be familiar with is the Maple Grove QB.

Thanks DHG. Spielman is an intriguing prospect. Will the Gophers offer?

My .02$ to instate players: If offered by JK early, better secure commitments if you want to be golden.

The Gophers may indeed have the opposite problem this coming recruiting season. Having six or more commitments early only to find out there are better players who are interested.

My hunch is that this coming recruiting clas can be significantly better than the previous ones under JK.

Are you familiar with Texas? It's a collection of the silliest people on Earth. When it come to football and politics, nothing should surprise you when it comes to Texas.

There is all kinds of dirty money floating around their top high school programs. Where do you think it comes from?

Top Bottom