Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

My guess is most haven't reevaluated him.

Scout, rivals and 247 just evaluated him a couple days ago about the same time that espn evaluated him. I get the impression that espn may be more objective in their evaluations or they put more emphasis on potential while the others three put more emphasis on where he is right now as a player.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per Sid:

• The Gophers will have four players who were not on the roster last year working in the weight room this spring, led by former Washburn all-state running back Jeff Jones. The others are Charlie “Ace” Rogers, a safety from Iowa Western Community College, who could start along with Jones; brothers Julian Huff, a linebacker, and Jacob Huff, a defensive back, from Bolingbrook High School in suburban Chicago; and Tyler Moore, an offensive lineman from North Shore High School in suburban Houston. Also back will be one of the Gophers’ best linebackers until he tore his right ACL last year, Cody Poock from Iowa Western, who likely will start.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/290150701.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• The Gophers will have four players who were not on the roster last year working in the weight room this spring, led by former Washburn all-state running back Jeff Jones. The others are Charlie “Ace” Rogers, a safety from Iowa Western Community College, who could start along with Jones; brothers Julian Huff, a linebacker, and Jacob Huff, a defensive back, from Bolingbrook High School in suburban Chicago; and Tyler Moore, an offensive lineman from North Shore High School in suburban Houston. Also back will be one of the Gophers’ best linebackers until he tore his right ACL last year, Cody Poock from Iowa Western, who likely will start.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/290150701.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Can Sid count past four?

Great news on Dior! By the way, I forgot to mention this earlier. Sunday I flew into Dallas and Pat Poore was on the flight. Did not get a chance to converse. At first I wondered if he was flying in to visit Still in El Paso, but he actually left the airport, versus hopping on another plane.

Since he is the RB coach maybe he was here to see 5-star Plano kid. Okay that would be pie in the sky dreaming.

Okay about 5 days to go...list update:Recruiting Update
National NCAA Signing Day Football 2015 is Feb 4
That is 14 days away...now 7ish...now 5ish days left
Okay, maybe an updated version from John Galt, die hard and loose ends:
Possible recruits
Bryce Witham TE 2 star we are his best offer---now a Gopher commit
Mose Hall DE 2 star w/Wake offer--Gophers in play--now a Gopher commit 1/27/15
Jamal Milan DT 3 star with like 20 good offers---Gophers in play
John Kelly DB 3 star with many good offers
Dior Johnson DB 4 star with big, good offer list---Gophers in play---now a Gopher commit
Mario Osborne DE 2 star but with like 10 offers
TJ Skelton WR no rating, no offers 4.59 at 6-1----was here Saturday
Kenny Willikes LB under the radar
Rashad Still WR no rating, no offers---now a Gopher commit and now rated #62 WR in the country by ESPN
Brandon Scott safety 3 star with lots of nice offers
Anthony Smiley athlete 2 star with 3 lesser offers
Sam Beal athlete 2 star with a Western Michigan offer (gotta be a Gopher?)
and #13 Hunter Register is the #1 WR at this point. Will decide soon and will be between us and UL-Layfeyette.
I don't see a rating for Hunter but he has at least 9 offers----now a Gopher commit

Moving on:
Mc Kinley Whitfield—likely Tulsa---but still Gopher possibilities 6-4, 195, 4.58 ATH but likely def.
Brandon Singleton—likely arkansas---now a Cal commit
Anthony McKee—-playin’ us

“Kill said the remaining priorities are 1 safety, 1 OLB, 2-3 D-lineman, (1-2 WRs, and a TE." ) like John said, likely done on offense but...

Who else? Any of these DB’s, safeties, athletes possible OLB ?

Thanks John & Die Hard

add Winston De Lattiboudere to the list of possible DL candidates --- one offer from N.C. Central--(not making it up)

We are up to number 42 in Rivals team rankings. One additional decently rated player would get us to 38 or 39 nationally, likely.

Updated today

Rivals Team Recruiting Rankings:
Ohio St #7
Penn St #12
Mich St #25
Wisc #30
Neb #39
MN #42
NW #43

and then the other surprising classes to me...I know the coaches at Florida and Michigan got fired. But, Florida is in Florida and is big time. They are #100 ! Michigan #75 and their latest pickup is a 2 star guy. They have two 4 star QB's, will they have 2 on signing day? Both of these only have 9 or 10 recruits. Curious to see how it shakes out. And Iowa St is 73 for no reason I know but not a good sign for them...I suppose it helps us in some small way.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Great news on Dior! By the way, I forgot to mention this earlier. Sunday I flew into Dallas and Pat Poore was on the flight. Did not get a chance to converse. At first I wondered if he was flying in to visit Still in El Paso, but he actually left the airport, versus hopping on another plane.

Since he is the RB coach maybe he was here to see 5-star Plano kid. Okay that would be pie in the sky dreaming.

Poore visited Jaylen Waters and Still this week in Texas.

Go Gophers!!

So we're down to Jamal Milan and McKinley Whitfield to wrap up this class....

Rivals Team Recruiting Rankings:
Ohio St #7
Penn St #12
Mich St #25
Wisc #30
Neb #39
MN #42
NW #43

and then the other surprising classes to me...I know the coaches at Florida and Michigan got fired. But, Florida is in Florida and is big time. They are #100 ! Michigan #75 and their latest pickup is a 2 star guy. They have two 4 star QB's, will they have 2 on signing day? Both of these only have 9 or 10 recruits. Curious to see how it shakes out. And Iowa St is 73 for no reason I know but not a good sign for them...I suppose it helps us in some small way.

IMO, there isn't a huge difference between 20'ish and 40'ish. Kinda like splitting hairs with all the unknowns at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, there isn't a huge difference between 20'ish and 40'ish. Kinda like splitting hairs with all the unknowns at that point.

Good point. Probably no different than the regular season rankings where a lot of guys start blindly throwing darts around #20 or so.

Good point. Probably no different than the regular season rankings where a lot of guys start blindly throwing darts around #20 or so.

FWIW - If you go by average star ranking on Rivals we are about #56 and #11 in the Big Ten.

FWIW - If you go by average star ranking on Rivals we are about #56 and #11 in the Big Ten.

I prefer to judge our class by whatever makes us look better at the moment. Right now, average star ranking is stupid and overall ranking that includes # of stars and total # of recruits is the best :cool:

I prefer to judge our class by whatever makes us look better at the moment. Right now, average star ranking is stupid and overall ranking that includes # of stars and total # of recruits is the best :cool:

I enjoy following the rankings, but I don't really care if we are 1st or 11th, as long as we win with the guys we have. So far I think this year's class seems decent.

I just brought up the average star ranking since the Rivals ranking seems to favor teams with more recruits (strange if you ask me).

It's the system

I enjoy following the rankings, but I don't really care if we are 1st or 11th, as long as we win with the guys we have. So far I think this year's class seems decent.

I just brought up the average star ranking since the Rivals ranking seems to favor teams with more recruits (strange if you ask me).

They also penalize you if you add a 2 star player. That's more strange to me. Why do you think it's strange to factor the numbers of recruits? More recruits increases the odds somebody will develop into a significant contributor. To me a class of 25 3's is way more valuable than a class of 10 4 stars. Plus it's football, you need 100 plus guys at this level with PWO's. If you mis-manage your numbers that's nobody's fault but your own...you should be penalized.

If you get lucky with PWOs & 2 Stars who are either late bloomers or are very coachable, they can become 4 Stars by the time they're done with college football.

They also penalize you if you add a 2 star player. That's more strange to me. Why do you think it's strange to factor the numbers of recruits? More recruits increases the odds somebody will develop into a significant contributor. To me a class of 25 3's is way more valuable than a class of 10 4 stars. Plus it's football, you need 100 plus guys at this level with PWO's. If you mis-manage your numbers that's nobody's fault but your own...you should be penalized.

Could not agree more. If you want to follow rankings and you are trying to judge the impact a class will have then you have to penalize teams with fewer recruits. Even if those players do turn out to be better,on average, doesn't mean the class will have a bigger impact. #s matter in that context.

I, on the other hand, don't care one lick about rankings. If Brewster taught me anything it was that finding guys that fit your needs and system is more important.

Top Bottom