Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Welp, it's 9:46 and still waiting. Hate it when this happens and then we learn that they postponed their decision till next week.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

So out of our 6 DB commits, 4 of them project as corners and 2 as a safety. Do I have this right?

Shenault - CB
Craighton - CB
Hardin - CB
Buford - CB
Huff - S
Rogers - S

So out of our 6 DB commits, 4 of them project as corners and 2 as a safety. Do I have this right?

Shenault - CB
Craighton - CB
Hardin - CB
Buford - CB
Huff - S
Rogers - S

Sounds about right, but Hardin is probably the only one who couldn't play Safety due to his size. The staff has really stressed position flexibility. You see it on our OL, where virtually every player is now competent at two or more positions. Same with secondary. Generally, they want corners with Safety size & Safeties with Cornerback speed.

Anybody know who he's talking about?!?

Can't give away his name just yet, but he's a Safety. One with impressive offers! With John Kelly not looking like a sure thing anymore, you can expect a number of them to surface. If you saw the Detroit newspaper with Ray Buford, just below him is Dior Johnson, who the coaches will be visiting this week as well. Again, expect a number of new Safety's to pop up on our radar.

Shenault - CB
Craighton - CB
Hardin - CB
Buford - CB
Huff - S
Rogers - S

Last I heard they are targeting Buford as a safety, but he could potentially play either CB/S.

Just curious but any word or update on the DE target Anree Saint-Amour? It felt like he was pretty open to us during his visit with Brown, his teammate, already committed but I have not been hearing much since then.

Junior McMullen was also listed in the newspaper article above Buford. He's an OLB from Oak Park and is close friends with John Kelly. He's a Western Michigan commit and has a ton of MAC-level offers, and if I remember right we had some interest in him this summer. I think it's almost guaranteed that we add an OLB to this class.

http://247sports.com/Player/Junior-McMullen-36979

I surely do hope Mykelti Williams is visiting MN, and takes the offer....he and my kid are on the same team here in Indianapolis (Warren Central). Mykelti plays safety...close contest this year for mr football. He is a multi-tool for WC...plays some wildcat, has played QB full time in the past, wing back, running back...you name it he is a serious athlete. Extremely hard worker, leader, nice GPA, and a nice young man.

How about Hunter Register? On 247 he has us as warm just wondering if anyone knows anything about him?

How about Hunter Register? On 247 he has us as warm just wondering if anyone knows anything about him?

He's picked up a few more offers from northern schools (Indiana and one other I believe.) Just my opinion, but I get the sense he's waiting for an SEC offer.

DT Eric Whitehead is from Indianapolis, plays for Arsenal Tech...6A IPS school. Good Size hard worker, clogs up the middle...he and my son (OG @ WC) went at each other a few times. Tech being an IPS school has alot of athletes, decent team. Just cant compete with the 4000-5000 population township schools, and Whitehead should flourish with better environment/coaching.

DT Eric Whitehead is from Indianapolis, plays for Arsenal Tech...6A IPS school. Good Size hard worker, clogs up the middle...he and my son (OG @ WC) went at each other a few times. Tech being an IPS school has alot of athletes, decent team. Just cant compete with the 4000-5000 population township schools, and Whitehead should flourish with better environment/coaching.

Thanks for the insight! Just out of curiosity, who is your son? Is he a Gopher commit?

Go Gophers!!

Nope not a gopher commit...i wish he was of course....too short, 5'10" 275 OG starter for a couple of years on a 6A 2013 State Championship team...but we watch as much Indiana high school football as we can. Indianapolis Metropolitan Conference usually ranks about 7th best conference in the nation for public schools / Ben Davis, Center Grove, Carmel, Warren Central. I try to tell all the players at WC never ever play for a team with red in it...IU, Nebraska, tOSU, Shunks...so i try to help the Gophers out at all times. Most people around indy dont like my Gopher wear but oh well. Thanx and have a good day. Any questions about Indy players just ask and i will let you know what i can.

Go Gophers!!

Nope not a gopher commit...i wish he was of course....too short, 5'10" 275 OG starter for a couple of years on a 6A 2013 State Championship team...but we watch as much Indiana high school football as we can. Indianapolis Metropolitan Conference usually ranks about 7th best conference in the nation for public schools / Ben Davis, Center Grove, Carmel, Warren Central. I try to tell all the players at WC never ever play for a team with red in it...IU, Nebraska, tOSU, Shunks...so i try to help the Gophers out at all times. Most people around indy dont like my Gopher wear but oh well. Thanx and have a good day. Any questions about Indy players just ask and i will let you know what i can.

That's Awesome! Great to have you on board.

Top Bottom