Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also judging from Willie Sykes Twitter it looks like he had a good time and he has started following a few Gopher players on Twitter as well.

That QB #7 throwing to Polk looks pretty darn good for Briar Woods, does anyone know if he is being recruited by anyone?

Looks like #7 was last years QB Trace McSorley who committed to Vanderbilt and is a Freshman. Recruited by Purdue, UConn, and Boston College as well...glad to know I can spot talent.

Anyone want to summarize all the insider articles on Willie Sykes visit? Looks like a final 3 of Purdue, Oregon St and us?

Anyone want to summarize all the insider articles on Willie Sykes visit? Looks like a final 3 of Purdue, Oregon St and us?

He wants to visit Utah as well. Sounds like he really enjoyed his visit but would like to visit those other 3 schools still before deciding.

Go Gophers!!

why the hell do the gophers not want him as a DT
We are stacked with OL and is not a huge need right now. if he is that good he would be fine on the DL

The coaching staff doesn't think his future is at DT, at least not in our system.

The coaching staff doesn't think his future is at DT, at least not in our system.

Looking at the guys they recruit to play DT, they appear to have a type in mind and Carlberg probably doesn't fit it. I wouldn't know, but it seems like Claeys likes "blow 'em up" guys all across his defensive front. I haven't seen Carlberg play, so I don't know if he fits the scheme or not.

Looking at the guys they recruit to play DT, they appear to have a type in mind and Carlberg probably doesn't fit it. I wouldn't know, but it seems like Claeys likes "blow 'em up" guys all across his defensive front. I haven't seen Carlberg play, so I don't know if he fits the scheme or not.

I would think he would be considered the exact same type of player Botticelli is right now and what Andrew Stelter will become once he puts on weight.

Offer him a DT scholie, and switch him to OL if he doesn't win a DL spot.Didm't we switch Elmore from TE to the DL? If he has talent Kill & Co. will find a landing spo9t for him.

Offer him a DT scholie, and switch him to OL if he doesn't win a DL spot.Didm't we switch Elmore from TE to the DL? If he has talent Kill & Co. will find a landing spo9t for him.

We actually did want Elmore at TE to begin with. It wasn't just a ploy to get him.

Nice offer list and a big time interest list. I wonder how many coaches are going to jump in everytime Kill & Co. offer a kid. Kill is showing why we have the best recruiting service in the country (i.e., Kill & Co.).

Go Gophers!

Yup. Looking at the current state of our running game.........coupled with the talent we keep bringing in on the o-line year after year..........and the fact that we are not much of a passing team.......and it shouldn't be terribly difficult to recruit running backs.

Yup. Looking at the current state of our running game.........coupled with the talent we keep bringing in on the o-line year after year..........and the fact that we are not much of a passing team.......and it shouldn't be terribly difficult to recruit running backs.

Barnes is being recruited as a safety, although your point still stands and it's not like our secondary is filled with a bunch of scrubs.

SunSentinel: Heritage-Delray's Davis says Minnesota's win over Michigan makes program enticing

DELRAY BEACH - Watching the Minnesota Golden Gophers win the coveted Little Brown Jug makes the program more appealing, American Heritage-Delray quarterback Trenard Davis said this week.

Davis, the Sun Sentinel's No. 20 prospect in 2015 in Palm Beach County, said Monday the Gophers are his No. 1 choice. So far, Davis has picked up offers from Minnesota, Illinois, Southern Methodist, Florida Atlantic and Pittsburgh.

"Yeah, that win boosted my interest," said Davis, who said he has also attracted recent interest from Alabama, Michigan State and Purdue. "Michigan is a good opponent and that makes me want to be [at Minnesota] even more. They beat Michigan. That means they can beat anybody."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...an-makes-program-enticing-20141001-story.html

Go Gophers!!

SunSentinel: Heritage-Delray's Davis says Minnesota's win over Michigan makes program enticing

DELRAY BEACH - Watching the Minnesota Golden Gophers win the coveted Little Brown Jug makes the program more appealing, American Heritage-Delray quarterback Trenard Davis said this week.

Davis, the Sun Sentinel's No. 20 prospect in 2015 in Palm Beach County, said Monday the Gophers are his No. 1 choice. So far, Davis has picked up offers from Minnesota, Illinois, Southern Methodist, Florida Atlantic and Pittsburgh.

"Yeah, that win boosted my interest," said Davis, who said he has also attracted recent interest from Alabama, Michigan State and Purdue. "Michigan is a good opponent and that makes me want to be [at Minnesota] even more. They beat Michigan. That means they can beat anybody."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...an-makes-program-enticing-20141001-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Now we need to go out and beat tOSU, Sconnia and IA this year and then win the B1G Championship Game. Winning doesn't cure all but it sures helps!

I would think he would be considered the exact same type of player Botticelli is right now and what Andrew Stelter will become once he puts on weight.

My friend from Owatonna(sp) texts with Stelter and Stelter told him he is up to 295.

Go Gophers!!

Anyone know what position he is expected to play in college? He's listed as an athlete by most recruiting services.

Anyone know what position he is expected to play in college? He's listed as an athlete by most recruiting services.

Speed kills under Kill's system. With a 4.48 40, he'll play in defensive secondary.

Top Bottom