Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

So, the Gophers are currently at 19 verbals (including soft verbal Jeff Jones). Hopefully, Craig James is the silent verbal that has been rumored. That would put them at 20. Kill has said they could take 21-23. I'm at a loss to figure out who else is on their radar. Does Kill have a trick up his sleeve?

When he said that he probably thought they'd get Campbell and/or Ibe. I wonder if they have any other players in mind or if they'll sit at 20 and be happy. Hopefully there's 1 or 2 out there that will be a surprise, makes signing day a little more fun.

Lenyus is still out there - between us, Washington, and Utah, but none of the recruiting sites seem to think we're truly in the mix. Assuming we get James, I wish we could somehow find one or even two more DBacks. If not, next year is going to be a HUGE year for us for Dbacks (and O-linemen as well).

why o-linemen?

Lenyus is still out there - between us, Washington, and Utah, but none of the recruiting sites seem to think we're truly in the mix. Assuming we get James, I wish we could somehow find one or even two more DBacks. If not, next year is going to be a HUGE year for us for Dbacks (and O-linemen as well).

In the fall we will have 20 offensive linemen in the program. 4 will graduate next year leaving us with 16. I'm sure we will
recruit a couple or maybe even four but I wouldn't call it a "HUGE" need at all. We are solid. IMO

The Dbacks depending what tomorrow brings will be a need for certain. But we do have a solid walk-on coming.
If we get one good one in addition we'd be okay. We presently have 16 listed. That's four deep. If we add two,
we'd be at 18 in the fall. That's fine. We graduate two excellent contributors, four db's total. So, it's fixable. They have a plan I'm guessing. Kids they are aware of next year. It didn't seem a huge priority this recruiting period. I'm guessing they wanted two good ones?
Khari flipping to a team with 9 recruits and 5 of them higher rated dbacks is puzzling.

In the fall we will have 20 offensive linemen in the program. 4 will graduate next year leaving us with 16. I'm sure we will
recruit a couple or maybe even four but I wouldn't call it a "HUGE" need at all. We are solid. IMO

The Dbacks depending what tomorrow brings will be a need for certain. We do have a solid walk-on coming.

I don't know if we need anymore OL but it wouldn't be shocking because we are so top heavy in terms of OL scholarships. We only had 1 OL on scholarship in last year's class (A. Mayes) and 3 in this years (C. Mayes, Weyler and Ferguson). Ideally, I'd think we'd want more than an average of 2 OL per class.

I believe we lose four next year, and four the following year. To balance things out, I would think they will be bringing in at least four next year. I could be wrong, but that's just my thought.

I don't know if we need anymore OL but it wouldn't be shocking because we are so top heavy in terms of OL scholarships. We only had 1 OL on scholarship in last year's class (A. Mayes) and 3 in this years (C. Mayes, Weyler and Ferguson). Ideally, I'd think we'd want more than an average of 2 OL per class.

Right but that's a bit deceiving. Fahning will get a scholarship and be a contributor. right?

Signing night eve: shouldn't somebody at least be making up flipping rumors? I heard JC is concerned about Bama scholarship promises and is
leaning Gophers. Somebody at ESPN said some TOP TEN recruit kid was going to shock the world and announce live he's a Gopher at 8am eastern. I don't have any links to these and JC might be a junior college guy. My sources weren't too clear, bad connection.

Signing night eve: shouldn't somebody at least be making up flipping rumors? I heard JC is concerned about Bama scholarship promises and is
leaning Gophers. Somebody at ESPN said some TOP TEN recruit kid was going to shock the world and announce live he's a Gopher at 8am eastern. I don't have any links to these and JC might be a junior college guy. My sources weren't too clear, bad connection.

Stir that rumor pot. Stir that pot.

Realistically, how often are there surprises on signing day? I know JJ is a big announcement at 10, but whats the allure to today other than confirming what we already know?

Realistically, how often are there surprises on signing day? I know JJ is a big announcement at 10, but whats the allure to today other than confirming what we already know?

the coaches can actually talk about them now, which can be interesting to hear their opinions.

Also waiting to hear about Craig James and any surprise flips like D. Campbell last year.

Ryan Burns did tweet there could be one surprise and that the recruit has a "tough decision" to make. No idea who it is though, Burns can't say.

the coaches can actually talk about them now, which can be interesting to hear their opinions.

Also waiting to hear about Craig James and any surprise flips like D. Campbell last year.

So there often (loosely used word) are a surprise or two to wait for, as well as the tweeners like Gibson. And then later in the day we get some recaps on each recruit from the coaches? I like that.

I said in another thread, this is my first NSD that I've actually followed. I'll start following the full recruiting cycle for 2015, got in late for 2014 when I started hearing about JJ in the Under Armor bowl.

leaning Gophers.
Somebody at ESPN said some TOP TEN recruit kid was going to shock the world and announce live he's a Gopher at 8am eastern. I don't have any links to these and JC might be a junior college guy. My sources weren't too clear, bad connection.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The day is finally here <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RollTide&src=hash">#RollTide</a>⚪️&#55357;&#56344;&#55357;&#56628; <a href="http://t.co/R4LMnPzSvi">http://t.co/R4LMnPzSvi</a></p>— J.C. Hassenauer (@JCHassenauer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JCHassenauer/statuses/431043340482908160">February 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting that there are 23 slots on the gophersports website.
granted 2 are the WO fullbacks but that still would mean 21 which is 2 more than we have now including Jones. Possibly Craig James, but then ?

Can someone tell me what the difference is between all purpose back and runningback according to Rivals? I'm guessing all purpose factors in receiving skills? If so, why is Jeff Jones considered the 7th best runningback and not listed as an all purpose back?

granted 2 are the WO fullbacks but that still would mean 21 which is 2 more than we have now including Jones. Possibly Craig James, but then ?

I thought we had something along the lines of 19 schollies, that would mean there are 4-6 still out there.

They just filled in six slots with PWO. Only two slots remaining.

THey've added spaces so we can rest easy.

I doubt I'm reading too much into this, but they added three previously, and now they have added another. All are still empty, and we are waiting on Gentry, Jones, and who else?

I doubt I'm reading too much into this, but they added three previously, and now they have added another. All are still empty, and we are waiting on Gentry, Jones, and who else?

The Mundys Mill guys, Celestin and Rodney Smith.

Waiting on Moore and Jones.
PWO Leach and Weber someone said were waiting on paperwork from the U.
Anyone else would be a surprise…and if either of the above don't sign today, that would be a negative surprise.

Not going to get overly excited if Jones chooses us. Too much smoke on the qualifying side of the equation.

Not going to get overly excited if Jones chooses us. Too much smoke on the qualifying side of the equation.

I agree. There is something that just seems "off" in his recruitment.

I would LOVE to be wrong.

Top Bottom