***OFFICIAL #17 MICHIGAN STATE AT #21 MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

Otis

Reaction score
2 Ranked teams duking it out at Williams arena!

One a Blue Blood National Power that is looking for its first conference win after an 0-2 start.

Against a up and coming Gopher squad that just shocked the #4 ranked team in the nation!

This should be fun!

2 Ranked teams duking it out at Williams arena!

One a Blue Blood National Power that is looking for its first conference win after an 0-2 start.

Against a up and coming Gopher squad that just shocked the #4 ranked team in the nation!

This should be fun!

Totally Jacked for it!!

Approximately at what juncture of the game does Izzo's face turn as red as Rudolph's nose?

I’m pumped up for this game. I’m just sad we can’t be at Williams. The passion level would be turned all the way up and it would be rocking in there.

I watched highlights of the louisville game (linked below) to try and get in a good place for tonight's game. Was fun to see gabe splash 3s and hear the gopher crowd roar again.

That said, MSU is our kryptonite so i expect a rather convincing loss tonight. Our last two wins were great, but seems too big an ask to expect the ride to continue at this point. Thats ok, we have earned some breathing space. As with the iowa game, will be recording and watching this one if we win. I dont know how all of you are able to watch these games live - too stressful for me.

I watched highlights of the louisville game (linked below) to try and get in a good place for tonight's game. Was fun to see gabe splash 3s and hear the gopher crowd roar again.

That said, MSU is our kryptonite so i expect a rather convincing loss tonight. Our last two wins were great, but seems too big an ask to expect the ride to continue at this point. Thats ok, we have earned some breathing space. As with the iowa game, will be recording and watching this one if we win. I dont know how all of you are able to watch these games live - too stressful for me.

Nice to see Gabe in the zone. Would love to see him find his stroke again.

I'm sure the cardboard cutouts will bring it!

Yes, the cardboard cutouts brought a lot of energy against iowa. Didnt leave the game early when things looked dire and even charged the court at the end. Will be helpful if they bring similar passion tonight.

I'm nervous...we'll be feeling great after our win while Izzo and company are 0-2 and itching to win. Hopefully we don't come out flat thinking we can just slump along and stay in this game.

I'm just going to envision that this team is a giant bud evolving towards a surprising eruption and blooming into the NCAAS until they show me otherwise. That might be in a few hours from now, but optimism is fun. :)

I'm nervous...we'll be feeling great after our win while Izzo and company are 0-2 and itching to win. Hopefully we don't come out flat thinking we can just slump along and stay in this game.
I highly doubt the Gophers are looking past Sparty!

But then again, you know basketball players and their egos! (Although, I'm pretty sure Brandon Johnson is still asking his teammates to pinch him cause he thinks he's dreaming.)

Man, it was fun to be at that game. Great turnout by Gopher fans. I walked to the arena from my office with my Minnesota sweatshirt on and I had Gopher fans in cars honking with me the whole way.

Starts on the defensive end. They don’t have a steady pg, when they go cold we should be able to push the tempo and go on a few runs.

Such a great game. Gabe couldn't shoot the ball enough his Freshman year, now I cringe every time he lets it go. How sweet it would be if he gets his groove back.

We have good reason to be gun shy, but this MSU is not the same physical MSU teams we have seen in the past. They also don't have a Cassius Winston to bail them out.

KenPom has MSU as a 1.5 pt favorite on a neutral court. I suppose that means it has the game as a push or the Gophers as slight favorites tonight.

Michigan State matches up well with us. Going to be a tough game unless we defend and rebound better. Aaron Henry will be tough for Carr to score on

Man, it was fun to be at that game. Great turnout by Gopher fans. I walked to the arena from my office with my Minnesota sweatshirt on and I had Gopher fans in cars honking with me the whole way.

Still kicking myself for not going.

Michigan State matches up well with us. Going to be a tough game unless we defend and rebound better. Aaron Henry will be tough for Carr to score on

Will Henry be guarding Carr? I haven't watched one second of MSU this year, so I honestly have no idea how they have defended this season. But, they will have their SF guard Carr?

I drove there and back that day. Was a wild one but worth every second of effort. Such a fun game.

Izzo has owned Pitino. I honestly can't remember a time he has beat him.

Glass needs to get cleaned up or we will lose big IMO. MSU ALWAYS rebounds well. If we don't limit second chance shots, we will lose.

Need to come with intensity like we've had the last 2 games and need to get to the line and shoot the ball from 3 well and we have a chance.

LETS GO

There's no reason this shouldn't be a good game. I hope to see the Gophs come out ready to play. It they do I think it probably is a 50/50 game.

It'd be disappointing to see us unprepared and run out of the gym. I don't expect that to happen though.

Glass needs to get cleaned up or we will lose big IMO. MSU ALWAYS rebounds well. If we don't limit second chance shots, we will lose.

Need to come with intensity like we've had the last 2 games and need to get to the line and shoot the ball from 3 well and we have a chance.

LETS GO
Squirrel

LETS GO

We beat them at Breslin with Carlos Morris. We also beat them in the Big Ten Tourney in the game that Akeem Springs popped his Achilles at the end

Top Bottom