Offensive Work Team Player of the Year - Jephte Matilus

Killjoy

Reaction score
At the awards banquet Jephte Matilus received the offensive work team player of the year. I believe this award is given to the best offensive scout player of the year. I have to say that this one really surprised me since Jephte Matilus listed on the roster as a linebacker. He also made 8 tackles this year. Can anybody shed any light on this?:confused:

At the awards banquet Jephte Matilus received the offensive work team player of the year. I believe this award is given to the best offensive scout player of the year. I have to say that this one really surprised me since Jephte Matilus listed on the roster as a linebacker. He also made 8 tackles this year. Can anybody shed any light on this?:confused:[/QU

I would assume he plays on the work team vs. the offensive team.

My guess is either a position switch (FB?), or he played on the offensive scout team due to necessity and the fact that we have quite a few young LB's from the 2013 class who are redshirting that the coaches wanted to get some time on the scout team.

Mike Henry is a senior, it wouldn't surprise me if they moved him to fullback. Just a guess on my part though.

Highwayman said that the offensive scout team included special teams scout. That could make sense.

If he did move to offense, it could be fullback.

At the awards banquet Jephte Matilus received the offensive work team player of the year. I believe this award is given to the best offensive scout player of the year. I have to say that this one really surprised me since Jephte Matilus listed on the roster as a linebacker. He also made 8 tackles this year. Can anybody shed any light on this?:confused:[/QU

I would assume he plays on the work team vs. the offensive team.

I doubt that is correct since Chris Wipson was the defensive work team player of the year and he is also listed on the roster as a defensive player. He and Jephte Matilus are both linebackers.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts. Some interesting theories but there were no conclusive answers. Maybe we will get one during bowl or spring practice.

Top Bottom