Offensive playcalling

PackerGopher

anti-VikingBadger
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread, but does anyone think the playbook may open up a bit for B1G play, whether a QB change is made or not? Maybe a better question is this: Is our offense capable of having the playbook expanded beyond what we have seen?

Sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread, but does anyone think the playbook may open up a bit for B1G play, whether a QB change is made or not? Maybe a better question is this: Is our offense capable of having the playbook expanded beyond what we have seen?

We have a lot of the same play makers and supposedly better ones this year than the last two, yet the playbook was far more
expansive the previous two seasons than this so far.... The only creative play I saw all game today, was our lone TD.

Coincidence?!

We are 1 for 1 on Flea-Flickers. More Flea-Flickers.

Every year, people say "oh we're just not opening up the playbook till B10 play." That's the biggest pile of bs everyone has been licking.

Yes. The playbook will absolutely expand once big ten play begins.

Is it just me seeing things, or did the KSU defense penetrated the backfield multiple times to disrupt the Gophers' play execution?

Playing calling certainly wasn't pretty today. However, I am more worried our our Offensive Line after today. Are they going to be healthy enough the entire season?

Are we going to see more OL redshirts burned this season?

Is it just me seeing things, or did the KSU defense penetrated the backfield multiple times to disrupt the Gophers' play execution?

Playing calling certainly wasn't pretty today. However, I am more worried our our Offensive Line after today. Are they going to be healthy enough the entire season?

Are we going to see more OL redshirts burned this season?

Yes. OL and play calling were the 1A and 1B problem this week.

Yes. JK said in his PC that we likely will burn OL Redshirts due to injury.

Minnesota fans. Are. The. Worst. We won. Who cares.

Are the Gophers getting better or getting worse?

I agree that the win is the most important, but nobody is a bad fan if they're concerned about what's going on with the offense.

Every year, people say "oh we're just not opening up the playbook till B10 play." That's the biggest pile of bs everyone has been licking.

Yes. The playbook will absolutely expand once big ten play begins.

It really doesn't have anything to do with "opening the playbook"; it's about running the same plays out of different sets and in different situations, and more importantly, with different blocking schemes. We hear it every year from the B1G opponents after the Gophers knock them off. It looks the same to the people watching on TV but it's not.

It really doesn't have anything to do with "opening the playbook"; it's about running the same plays out of different sets and in different situations, and more importantly, with different blocking schemes. We hear it every year from the B1G opponents after the Gophers knock them off. It looks the same to the people watching on TV but it's not.
But apparently we don't deploy these against TCU or in bowl games? The playcalling is mind numingly ridiculous, it began with the total outclassing by Mizzou and has continued through Kent State today. If your playbook or sets are that limited that you have to display that garbage against Kent State something is wrong and it's not remotely strategic.

Yes. OL and play calling were the 1A and 1B problem this week.

Yes. JK said in his PC that we likely will burn OL Redshirts due to injury.

Please yes-- no reason to wait on talent if we have it, Next year our defense will not be nearly as good and hate a year to go by waiting on current guys to improve

But apparently we don't deploy these against TCU or in bowl games? The playcalling is mind numingly ridiculous, it began with the total outclassing by Mizzou and has continued through Kent State today. If your playbook or sets are that limited that you have to display that garbage against Kent State something is wrong and it's not remotely strategic.

Ummm... they DID deploy it against TCU. Patterson said EXACTLY that on his way to the halftime locker room. That's one of the reasons they put up a pretty damn good fight against a team that was just plain better than them.

I know Maxx is glad he turned pro....He saw the writing on the wall last year......

Ummm... they DID deploy it against TCU. Patterson said EXACTLY that on his way to the halftime locker room. That's one of the reasons they put up a pretty damn good fight against a team that was just plain better than them.

That explains everything if TCU was us throwing our best placalling out there that's the ultimate indictment for Limegrover, Kill and the Offense. It also explains why Gary Pinkel looked like a genius in the bowl game.

The offensive plan was so stubborn today. I think the coaches think the strength is up the middle with Bobek, Bjorkland, and Mayes because it seemed like 80% of the running plays were run behind center.
We miss Epping and Olson on the line plus with our injuries it's made it very tough.

That explains everything if TCU was us throwing our best placalling out there that's the ultimate indictment for Limegrover, Kill and the Offense. It also explains why Gary Pinkel looked like a genius in the bowl game.

?? Huh? I gotta go with a translator on this post. There's either one or two typos in there or some major dyslexia?

?? Huh? I gotta go with a translator on this post. There's either one or two typos in there or some major dyslexia?

On the phone but makes sense, to help you
-If the game plan against TCU was us emptying or expanding the playbook that's a sad ceiling
-Pinkel and Mizzou looked like relative geniuses in the bowl game. This makes sense as our expanded playbook is MAC level.

They look like that are trying to pound the ball and establish the OL. Today they looked like they didn't even game plan for the defense and we're going to call what they wanted to establish. They will lose next week if they don't become less predictable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom