Observations from section 143.

The inside runs were essential for two reasons. First keep it simple, pound them into submission. Second, put very little on tape. Buffalo was beat in the forth quarter. Till then the defense was outstanding. They kept us in the game.
For those who wanted more offense, think back to those teams that emptied the kitchen sink in game one and had nothing in the Big 10. The biggest thing I noticed was play action passing. Something we have not been able to do. That an a completion percentage near 60% are signs of improvement.

Play both QBs (or more) through the pre-season (OOC) schedule. We are indeed building for the future. The future is Sept 9th against OSU. I read people wanting to start Croft so he can run the ball. Do you really think he will last more than a couple B1G games that way? When you have a mouth like Fleck, you better win games or you turn into Brewster.We don't win this year and recruiting takes a big hit verses a winning team.

Without wins the kids energetic and positive attitudes begin to evaporate. Student section declines. The media turns more sour. Fans lose interest. The hype behind this team can't turn into hot air. Elite? Championships? We better do a bunch of winning now.

These comments are only negative to those who don't think we can win.

Our DT position is deeper this year then anytime in recent memory. The concern is next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not really any deeper than last year when we had the same guys plus Ekpe.

Top Bottom