NW Fans complain about refs tonight

GopherFish

Reaction score
To all those who constantly complain about the refs screwing over the Gophers, go visit the other teams board and you get a different perspective. There was a thread where NW Fans thought they were screwed by the refs. I don't think anyone should whine about refs as it generally balances out over the season.

there definitely were some fouls the gophers committed that weren't called, Westbrook bumping a NW player out of bounds and no foul called comes to mind, but that's what its like on the road and I've come to accept that on the road the home team will get more calls and get away with more stuff.

I would be pissed if I were a NW fan - pretty brutal work by the refs. Not quite as bad as when we visited W. Lafayette, but it definitely made a difference if not the difference.

That said - I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep over it.

No question, a visiting Big Ten team must play better by 8 points all other things being equal.

As I stated earlier in another thread, we finally received SOME of the home cooking we've been on the wrong end of elsewhere. And I'll once again say it would've been nice if it'd been against MSU rather than Northwestern, but so it goes...

To all those who constantly complain about the refs screwing over the Gophers, go visit the other teams board and you get a different perspective. There was a thread where NW Fans thought they were screwed by the refs. I don't think anyone should whine about refs as it generally balances out over the season.

Rightfully so, for the first 32 minutes the refs favored us in letting us bump them a lot harder than we should have been able to. This is the kind of home cooking that we did NOT get against MSU, and rivals what we faced @Iowa and @MSU, but not nearly as bad as what we saw @Purdue and @Indiana.

This is the kind of home cooking that we did NOT get against MSU, and rivals what we faced @Iowa and @MSU, but not nearly as bad as what we saw @Purdue and @Indiana.

Exactly. I wish all road games were officiated exactly the way the MSU games were (in both arenas, BTW) Fair to each team - gave each team a legitimate chance to win on the other's home floor.

When watching the Indiana and Purdue games I got nervous every time we would even go near one of their offensive players on the move. You were just waiting for the refs to call a blocking or body foul. To play defense in those types of officiated games it is like walking on eggshells or thin ice. I didn't get that sense at all in the game at Breslin. That game was fairly officiated.

there definitely were some fouls the gophers committed that weren't called, Westbrook bumping a NW player out of bounds and no foul called comes to mind, but that's what its like on the road and I've come to accept that on the road the home team will get more calls and get away with more stuff.

NW player was already standing on sideline before being bumped, otherwise it probably would've been a foul

the MSU game was indeed a perfectly reffed game....you should always be done w/ a game and not have any clue who the refs were or remember specific calls. they should be a non-entity in a well-officiated game. I also agree that we got home calls last night. a nice change of pace!

NW player was already standing on sideline before being bumped, otherwise it probably would've been a foul

Incorrect.

I rewound my DVR back immediately to see if that was the reason there was no foul but Westbrook clearly bumped him, causing him to lose his balance and step out. Hard to believe there was no foul on that.

Top Bottom