Number 2 for Mo!

nitramnaed

Reaction score

Per Saturday Tradition:

2. Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota

You can say he’s way too high. Go ahead. Say it. Then look at his numbers. He had 153 yards per game last year, 2nd in the land behind Patterson. He eclipsed 1,000 yards in just 7 games. Minnesota was one of the sports’ hardest-hit teams by COVID, but Ibrahim did it all while playing behind a makeshift offensive line. The B1G Running Back of the Year might not score the highest on advanced analytics charts, but he’s the real deal.

Per Saturday Tradition:

2. Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota

You can say he’s way too high. Go ahead. Say it. Then look at his numbers. He had 153 yards per game last year, 2nd in the land behind Patterson. He eclipsed 1,000 yards in just 7 games. Minnesota was one of the sports’ hardest-hit teams by COVID, but Ibrahim did it all while playing behind a makeshift offensive line. The B1G Running Back of the Year might not score the highest on advanced analytics charts, but he’s the real deal.

All American. Top 5 Heisman votes. Book It!!

"Leaving road kill in his wake" at about 2:50

I have $100 on Mo +7000 to win the Heisman. He's going to get a lot of ball this season, and is going to have the best OL we've had since the Mason days. If he stays healthy for all games he breezes past David Cobb's single season record of 1,629 yds and Gary Russell's 18 TDs.
Where are you betting? Think I might put some money down for fun on some things.

I have $100 on Mo +7000 to win the Heisman. He's going to get a lot of ball this season, and is going to have the best OL we've had since the Mason days. If he stays healthy for all games he breezes past David Cobb's single season record of 1,629 yds and Gary Russell's 18 TDs.
Not trying to be debbie downer, but typically the Heisman winner plays on an 11 or 12 win team, unfortunately. No matter what season he has, if we only win 8 or 9 games, he's not going to be in the conversation.

Edit: just thought about Tim Tebow in 2007. So if Mo can do something unreal like that season (55 TDs for Tebow, wow!) then he'll get it.

Not trying to be debbie downer, but typically the Heisman winner plays on an 11 or 12 win team, unfortunately. No matter what season he has, if we only win 8 or 9 games, he's not going to be in the conversation.

Edit: just thought about Tim Tebow in 2007. So if Mo can do something unreal like that season (55 TDs for Tebow, wow!) then he'll get it.

The Gophers won 11 games in the last full season they played. It could happen again.

If MN beats tOSU and wins the B1G West, it will be because we have a Heisman in the backfield.

The Gophers won 11 games in the last full season they played. It could happen again.
Yes, but I'm just pointing out that two things need to happen in order to win the bet: 1) Mo has a great year and 2) the Gophers have no more than one loss. That's different than betting on say, the Clemson QB to win it, etc.

(Now I know the next response will be "well, Clemson isn't guaranteed 11 wins either" blah blah blah, but you get my point.)

Yes, but I'm just pointing out that two things need to happen in order to win the bet: 1) Mo has a great year and 2) the Gophers have no more than one loss. That's different than betting on say, the Clemson QB to win it, etc.

(Now I know the next response will be "well, Clemson isn't guaranteed 11 wins either" blah blah blah, but you get my point.)

That's what I'm betting on. I think there's a better than 1 in 70 chance of the Gophers surprising this year and Mo having a bonkers year statistically along the way. Even if he gets close I get my $100 bucks worth of fun out of even being close to calling Mo Ibrahim for Heisman. I'm not taking it even money.

That's what I'm betting on. I think there's a better than 1 in 70 chance of the Gophers surprising this year and Mo having a bonkers year statistically along the way. Even if he gets close I get my $100 bucks worth of fun out of even being close to calling Mo Ibrahim for Heisman. I'm not taking it even money.
Fair enough : - ) I gave up on trying to predict Heisman winners. Who saw Joe Burrow coming in 2019, for example. It always seems to go to someone you wouldn't have expected when the season first started.

Melvin Gordon had almost 2600 yards rushing on an 11 win team, and he didn't win the Heisman. At this time, I think the only way a non-Alabama RB is winning a Heisman is if they rush for over 3,000 yards

Top Bottom