Now this was a backcourt!!

I know quote on quote that season does not exist per the NCAA but i say baloney, Nc did what we did for over 25cyears how many seasons or titles did they vacate the saint John Wooden ( yeah right he had a money man and was a huge cheater, how many titles has UCLA vacated. KENTUCKY AND Connecticutt ( El Amins year the team made huge money from boosters, Michigan fab five the Quote "Jalen Rose took a pay cut to play in the NBA.
The gophers won the BIG TEN THAT YEAR!
Oh n Star and Tribune and the Academic Advisor who was boning Archambeault ( in turn for doing his papers) only in this flaming commie state would we turn our own University in.
Would someone get this guy a tissue...and start hitting the music to get him off stage!

There is really no question that the BIG BOYS are treated differently. For example, the North Carolina academic scandal of 2014. “For 18 years, at least 3100 students at the University of North Carolina took fake "paper classes," and advisers funneled athletes into the program to keep them eligible, according to a scathing independent report. UNC admitted that the wrongdoing went further than academics and involved its athletic programs. The report examined data back to the 1990s. Among its findings: Student-athletes were disproportionately enrolled in suspect classes. From the 1990s through 2011, AFAM offered two hundred lecture courses that never took place, as well as offering dubious independent study programs that required little work to complete.As I recall, because the fake classes were open to more than athletes there was virtually no consequence to UNC athletic department and players. If that happened to University of Toledo or some other mid major that doesn’t make the NCAA lots of money? Good luck! Also Rashad McCants sued UNC because he was exploited to play basket but was functionally illiterate, and was paid a lot of money.

There is really no question that the BIG BOYS are treated differently. For example, the North Carolina academic scandal of 2014. “For 18 years, at least 3100 students at the University of North Carolina took fake "paper classes," and advisers funneled athletes into the program to keep them eligible, according to a scathing independent report. UNC admitted that the wrongdoing went further than academics and involved its athletic programs. The report examined data back to the 1990s. Among its findings: Student-athletes were disproportionately enrolled in suspect classes. From the 1990s through 2011, AFAM offered two hundred lecture courses that never took place, as well as offering dubious independent study programs that required little work to complete.As I recall, because the fake classes were open to more than athletes there was virtually no consequence to UNC athletic department and players. If that happened to University of Toledo or some other mid major that doesn’t make the NCAA lots of money? Good luck! Also Rashad McCants sued UNC because he was exploited to play basket but was functionally illiterate, and was paid a lot of money.
Rashad McCants was paid off with Phil Ford's wife.

And, Sugar Ray Williams, Osborne Lockhart, and Flip Saunders just raised their hands to be considered as well.
Combine Ray Williams with anyone else in Gopher history is probable the best back court ever. Archie Clark was pretty damned good too.

I know quote on quote that season does not exist per the NCAA but i say baloney, Nc did what we did for over 25cyears how many seasons or titles did they vacate the saint John Wooden ( yeah right he had a money man and was a huge cheater, how many titles has UCLA vacated. KENTUCKY AND Connecticutt ( El Amins year the team made huge money from boosters, Michigan fab five the Quote "Jalen Rose took a pay cut to play in the NBA.
The gophers won the BIG TEN THAT YEAR!
Oh n Star and Tribune and the Academic Advisor who was boning Archambeault ( in turn for doing his papers) only in this flaming commie state would we turn our own University in.
"Nc" vacated John Wooden?

NC vacated 20+ seasons and NCaA money? No it didn't. Read a unapproved bio on Wooden and UCLA basketball
Nc did not vacate over 20+ years and its NCAA money, John Wooden was a cheater, UCLA used Sam Gilbert to distribute mone to Alcindor and Walton and multiple other too recruits.

NC vacated 20+ seasons and NCaA money? No it didn't. Read a unapproved bio on Wooden and UCLA basketball
Nc did not vacate over 20+ years and its NCAA money, John Wooden was a cheater, UCLA used Sam Gilbert to distribute mone to Alcindor and Walton and multiple other too recruits.
Meant top recruits and money

Not the best, but a shout out to Tommy Davis and Marc Wilson.

The 1994 Great Alaska Shootout was the greatest non-conference accomplishment in Gopher hoops history. Beat 3 teams that ended up in the NCAA Tournament. … Arizona, BYU & Villanova (I can’t remember the exact order).

Unfortunately, that Gopher team lost to St. Louis in 1st round of NCAA tourney.
Somebody please check my memory, but I think it was Arizona first, then Villanova (who they handled easily), then BYU, who was thought of as the weakest of the three but who (like the Gophers) was playing well that weekend.

I remember watching the close 2nd round loss to Louisville with my dad. That one was a bitter pill to swallow
I'm still bitter about it, too. Louisville was not a great outside shooting team, but they shot well from behind the arc...then were ice cold in their Sweet Sixteen game (I don't remember who they played).

My intro to Gopher Hoops was the 1981-82 team so Trent Tucker and Darryl Mitchell will always be at the top for me. Mark Hall and a young Tommy Davis backed them up and they also had some dude named Bruce Kaupa on the roster. 🙂
Tucker - Mitchell and Hall were a really solid set of guards. M

Top Bottom