Northwestern starting QB Aidan Smith listed as “doubtful” for Saturday’s game.

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score

According to Daniel House, Sophomore, Andrew Marty will make his 1st career start if Smith is unable to play.

Good lord they are the most injury prone team in the country this year. Hope he's okay.

Any word on what his injury is?

Here’s Andrew Marty’s 247. If this was all I had to go on, I’d be fine if Smith played instead, although if he was any good, he’d obviously already be playing. He’s class of 2017 with a Western Michigan offer, so PJ knows who he is.

This might come down to Gophers backup QB needing to out-dual Northwestern’s 12th string QB.

Yet some fans will want an asterisk if we win because we are not playing them with their starting QB!

Yet some fans will want an asterisk if we win because we are not playing them with their starting QB!
Wouldn’t we have to use a lot of asterisks this year then? Scoff if you want, but it has happened at a very high frequency for us this year.

Hope it is not Kafkaesque.
Aiden Smith was 7 for 13, for 76 yards with 0 TDs and 2 interceptions last week (against one of the worst defenses in college football). He was already, what, the 3rd or 4th string QB for Northwestern? That makes whoever plays the position this week the 4th or 5th string QB. I think that is a long ways away from Kafka.

And, that is just QB. Northwestern is also playing backups in many of their other positions as well. It looks like a calamity lost season for them this year.

I scrolled through the Northwestern tweets and noticed Hunter Johnson was listed the #2 leading up to the UMass game. I’m not sure why that’s not the case this week, but hopefully they’ve prepared for him, just in case this is some sort of deception tactic.

I scrolled through the Northwestern tweets and noticed Hunter Johnson was listed the #2 leading up to the UMass game. I’m not sure why that’s not the case this week, but hopefully they’ve prepared for him, just in case this is some sort of deception tactic.

I hear he threw an incompletion against them. Since this is the worst anyone had done against the UMass defense he was immediately busted down to 6th string.

Just as I suspected might be the case, Hunter Johnson is starting per Ryan Burns.

Top Bottom