Northwestern Pregame

Bluestone on Central (about 4 blocks from the stadium) is a good place, but it'll be busy.

I was able to buy 2 50 yard line tickets on Stub Hub for a grand total of $35, so don't know how busy anyplace will be.

I bought 4 tickets in 123 row 4 for $3.50 each after fees on SeatGeek yesterday.

If the Gophers had beaten Iowa, I bet there would be about 10,000 more Gopher fans at the game. It should still be a strong Gopher contingent.

Ten Mile House is in the same business district as Bluestone. It's a restaurant rather than a bar, but it serves beer, wine, and cocktails. It'll be crowded on game day and only opens an hour before kickoff unless the place has an early opening for the 11:00 AM kickoff.

Evanston was once a dry town. That's over now, but the knock on effect of that policy in combination with the area around Northwestern having a lot nice and expensive homes is that something like Dinkytown and Stadium Village doesn't really exist. There isn't a hub with three or four college bars in close proximity of one another and the stadium. It is a pretty dull scene.

Bluestone on Central (about 4 blocks from the stadium) is a good place, but it'll be busy.

Ran into some area's around Chicago where they don't sell alcohol before 10:30 am. Anyone know if that is true in Evanston??

Evanston, when I went, was not a super fun place to pregame.

There is a really stellar hot dog place (no alcohol) nearby. I think its called Mustard's Last Stand

Does anyone know which side the Gophers bench will be on ?

NW usually takes the side with the second deck/press box (130's), but I heard they're a team who switches based on weather. Supposed to be pretty nice on Saturday though, so I imagine they'll go status quo...

I’m heading down Friday evening with my son. We have room for 1 or 2 more if anyone wants to head down. We will be buying tickets by tomorrow afternoon.

We will be tailgating before the game and would be more than happy to have others join us. We have the necessary tailgating equipment so it would just be bring your drink of choice and a food item to share. Message me if anyone is interested. We would also possibly be interested in driving down with other people if someone has room.

Tickets are around $5 after fees on seatgeek still. Just grabbed 2 more to bring my gopher crew to 6 total

I was going to take the red line to Howard Avenue, then figure out how to get the rest of the way, but since drinking opportunities will be harder than normal, I am just going to drive and park in willamett for free

Old Style tall boy sixer gone....2 polish loaded dogs from wiener circle down the hatch next...sleepytime in 15 minutes

Top Bottom