Northwestern Postgame Presser Notes

Reaction score
Tracy Claeys

What the win means for the seniors: They’ve done a good job establishing things. They are 20-8 here at TCF as seniors. Awfully proud to send them off with a win.

The D played hard and competed well. We held them to 2-of-15 on 3rd and 1-of-4 on fourth. Competed all the way. You saw the sacks and pressure on the QB. The D kept us in the game and gave us a chance to win.

Thought we would move the ball better offensively. We dropped some passes we should have caught and missed some blocks. We found a way to win.

On the targeting call: It was a good call. I don’t disagree with the call at all. He knows better than that. The next guy stepped up and got the job done.

We had to make sure we took care of the running game first. Jackson hurt us on a screen. Once we got that under control, our guys did a great job with the pressure.

On what Mitch showed him: Having him and Drew in there, it’s important to have the seniors in there that are battle tested. He kept his composure to make some passes at the end and get the TD. He’s done a hell of a job here.

Mitch Leidner

It was huge to get a win on senior day. NU was a tough team, really well coached. Lots of respect to coach Fitz. We’ve had lots of good battles over the years. Great to come out with a win.

I was really excited. I didn’t want to do any of the TV interviews. Meant a lot to get those last couple snaps from my brother. Something I always wanted to do. Couldn’t wait to get in locker room and celebrate with my teammates.

I would be a great way to top off the year getting the Axe. It’s going to be another tough, physical football next week against Wisconsin.

Top Bottom