Northwestern a 6:30pm Kick on 9/23

Great. Now I can go to the art museum and hang out downtown before the game. I have never been to a night game at Ryan Field.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the curveball B1G. Booked it as a day trip like in past years. Will have to try to rebook.

There should be a rule about scheduling night games at stadiums that don't have lights.

Sound Guy? Lighting?
Nah, I'll just be hanging in the Green room most of the time. I'll go out and see the sets...not sure who the opener will be or if they'll give anyone local a spot, but I'll make sure to check them out too.

WTF

More trashy BTN games ... at 630pm?? Come on

Ain't no one tuning these games in other than the fanbases.

WTF

More trashy BTN games ... at 630pm?? Come on

Ain't no one tuning these games in other than the fanbases.
I think that's the point. tOSU at Notre Dame. Iowa at Penn State, and Texas plays all at 630. Why not put a low value game in that time slot that no one was going to watch anyway.

Florida Atlantic @ Illinois?
Akron @ Indiana?
Louisiana Tech @ Nebraska?

Great. Now I can go to the art museum and hang out downtown before the game. I have never been to a night game at Ryan Field.

Enjoy!

Just finished the Walter Isaacson book aout Leonardo DeVinci. I have no knowledge or appreciation of art. But that book is a start. I had no clue that there is so much to art. I knew that I was ignorant, but there is no excuse for the depth of my ignorance. I remember an undergrad speech class that I took about 40 years ago. A young lady gave an emotional and moving talk about a painting that meant so much to her. I was like, "what's with her?" Well, I now have a baseline understanding of some aspects of art. Enjoy your time in the museum!

Great. Now I can go to the art museum and hang out downtown before the game.

The Chicago Institute of Arts is outstanding for impressionism. Per square foot it may be the best art museum in the world. The Met in New York, The Louvre in Paris, and the British Museum in London are much larger (I've been to 3 of the 4).

For anyone with middle-aged kiddos, definitely take an overnight trip to Chicago and see that, the Field Museum (start at the top floor), and other attractions including the architecture.

For anyone of you who've been to Evanston before is there a good place to go before the game -- a tailgating scene -- should I just take the train?

For anyone of you who've been to Evanston before is there a good place to go before the game -- a tailgating scene -- should I just take the train?

No. There is nothing. Not a single spot that I could find for an 11am game. Maybe it’s improved

Top Bottom