Northern Bowl Games

Should only be played in domed football stadiums. If not, cancel any north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Fan comfort counts for lower level bowls. All these bowls are lower level.
43 in NYC today
43 in Nashville today
50 in Charlotte today

Nashville bowl should be dropped too.

Basically all bowls should be played in Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Southern California

Would be nice to see the Pinstripe Bowl go away or at least have the Big Ten drop it and add indoor bowl games in Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and St. Louis.

It's a shame that teams in the south have many chances to get bowl games that are nearly home games because so many of the games are down there, would be nice to at least fill up all of the Midwestern domes and create more bowls that are a day drive away for Big Ten teams.

43 in NYC today
43 in Nashville today
50 in Charlotte today

Basically all bowls should be played in Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Southern California
And ☀️- live weather report.

Apparently he’s never been on the East Coast and realize NYC is much farther south than Boston, for example. It is included in both northeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions; normally we don’t have significant snowfall & cold until January.

So drop NYC and elevate Motor City? I'm all about a NYC trip. It's one of my favorite places to visit.
Visitors generally aren't clamoring to have a tour of Yankee Stadium the week of New Years.

43 in NYC today
43 in Nashville today
50 in Charlotte today

Nashville is a fun destination though and I think was close to 70 for the bowl last year. I would put up with 50 degrees for Nashville but not NYC.

Visitors generally aren't clamoring to have a tour of Yankee Stadium the week of New Years.
Yeah, imagine what New Year’s in New York must be like. Shitfest.

Would be nice to see the Pinstripe Bowl go away or at least have the Big Ten drop it and add indoor bowl games in Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and St. Louis.
No significant number of people want to come to MN in December. And I don't blame them. It's cold.

There should be no bowl game in Detroit, nor Minneapolis. No one wants to come here in December. Bowl games should be reserved for warm climates and football fields.

Nashville and Charlotte are the farthest north bowl games should be played (east or the Rockies anyway). You can get relatively warm and sunny winter days there, but getting something like 48 and partly cloudy is much more realistic. Not bad football weather for us B1G people, but not exactly a balmy retreat from winter.

Bowls north of there, if they have to exist, should definitely be in a dome.

A lot will change with the bowls, and tie-ins when TX, OK, USC and UCLA move, and the playoff expands.

The BTN should partner with Fox to create (and own and operate) 2-3 new bowl games that rotate locations annually and play in prime time on the days leading up to New Years Eve (simliar to the Holiday Bowl this year). Some of those could be played in Northern cities.

There are groups in several cities that want to host a bowl game but can’t find a conference willing to offer a team, or a network to broadcast. And hosting annually is a challenge for most cities anyway because locals often lose interest after a few years.

I'm all for a Cancun Bowl for a B1G team, Call it the Modelo Kick off to Spring Break Bowl

Should only be played in domed football stadiums. If not, cancel any north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Fan comfort counts for lower level bowls. All these bowls are lower level.
Or win more so you don't have to play in the north, outside, in winter

Should only be played in domed football stadiums. If not, cancel any north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Fan comfort counts for lower level bowls. All these bowls are lower level
The ones operating the Bowls and/or broadcasting (often one in the same) don't give a rip about fan comfort.

They are a 3.5 hour television show. Cold weather might actually help ratings.

There should be no bowl game in Detroit, nor Minneapolis. No one wants to come here in December. Bowl games should be reserved for warm climates and football fields.
Detroit not a great destination. Minneapolis however is. The right event with the best 2nd tier teams would be well attended. There are plans percolating.

Last edited:

Domes don't really solve the problem. I don't much care if the game itself is cold. I just don't want the whole time I'm visiting to also be cold.

HOGWASH!

DQ Blizzard Bowl!!!!!!
Dilly bar dan, where are you?!

If they had a football stadium…but maybe that doesn’t matter. Aloha Stadium was condemned.
The new stadium won't be open until 2025 either. That's a pretty long time.

HOGWASH!

DQ Blizzard Bowl!!!!!!
Dilly bar dan, where are you?!
How about the St. Paul Winter Carnival Bowl?
It would be a huge marketing win by bringing national attention to the Carnival. Outside of ski resorts, there aren’t many well known cold weather winter destinations, and this would make St. Paul stand out.

Detroit not a great destination. Minneapolis however is. The right event with the best 2nd tier teams would be well attended. There are plans percolating.
Make NDSU a permanent participant and take on all-comers to prove they really are a Power 5 stuck in an FCS body.

Top Bottom