No More NFL Guys PLEASE!!

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Who's with me on this....I'm hoping we find someone that actually has some head coaching experience in the NCAA level! No more of this Offense Coordinator or Assistant Coach from some NFL team!

On another note, did you guys read the article for today (Sunday, 10/17/2010) about how this is Bruinick's last year, large budget cut to come....do we even have any available funds to hire a decent coach? Above all....don't we have to "buy" Brew out too?

I'm afraid, The U does not have enough $$ to hire an A-List coach! Thoughts?

The cuts shouldn't at ALL be anywhere close to football.

The ONLY reason we receive $22M from the Big Ten Network is because of the football team.

Take a fraction of that $4M or so and hire a big time coach.

The alumni donations that will be pour in will boggle their little Administrator minds.

GM

On another note, did you guys read the article for today (Sunday, 10/17/2010) about how this is Bruinick's last year, large budget cut to come....do we even have any available funds to hire a decent coach? Above all....don't we have to "buy" Brew out too?

The U has the money if the Board of Regents and President Bruininks have the political backbone to throw millions of dollars at a top notch football coach and coaching staff over the howls of outrage from faculty members on the chopping block, employees facing wage freezes, liberal hating T-Partiers, tax hating citizens, and a micro-managing State Legislature. I don't know if I would bet your lunch money on it.

Who's with me on this....I'm hoping we find someone that actually has some head coaching experience in the NCAA level! No more of this Offense Coordinator or Assistant Coach from some NFL team!

Right, no NFL guys like Kirk Ferentz. What a disaster that's been.

Also, if there is a money crunch, it is up to the alumni and boosters to pony up the cash to land a big fish.

The U has the money if the Board of Regents and President Bruininks have the political backbone to throw millions of dollars at a top notch football coach and coaching staff over the howls of outrage from faculty members on the chopping block, employees facing wage freezes, liberal hating T-Partiers, tax hating citizens, and a micro-managing State Legislature. I don't know if I would bet your lunch money on it.

Dammit UpNorth!! STOP BEING RIGHT!!!

My baseline expectation for this hire will be another risky former NFL position coach on the super-cheap. Anything more impressive, and I will be pleasantly surprised.

Like it or not, this University's budget is way too dependent on the politics of the state. Whoever our new Governor and state Legislature is will actually have an effect on who the University has the money to afford as its new head football coach.

Top Bottom