No more negativity

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
At this point of the year it is what it is. There will be no more negativity from this guy as things will be changing in a month or 2. Many of these players will not be back here for next year and the coach most definitely won’t be back here next year. It’s been a crappy 2020-2021 for these players but they are still just young men and not paid professionals.

Interestingly, I thought Freeman, Ihnen, and Williams all looked pretty good tonight.

Interestingly, I thought Freeman, Ihnen, and Williams all looked pretty good tonight.
Ihnen plays well most of the time. I think there is a place for Freeman on most teams, especially MN. Tre appears disinterested at times although I think he has enough to be a solid rotation player.

5 days. 5 games. 5 wins. Marcus needs to channel his inner Kemba Walker. If Liam comes back, it changes everything.

Liam coming back would certainly make the team more competitive. But the way things are going right now I will be shocked if they do anything other than bow out of the Big Ten Tournament quickly. These guys are ready for the season to be over.

So are we encouraging manic optimism? Earlier today I had the thought that if the Gophers hired the right coach, they could make the Final Four in the 2023-2024 tournament.

Ihnen plays well most of the time. I think there is a place for Freeman on most teams, especially MN. Tre appears disinterested at times although I think he has enough to be a solid rotation player.

Ihnen just needs to add some muscle. He isn't a great shooter so he needs to be able to work down low but right now he lacks the overall size to bang down low with the other big guys.

So are we encouraging manic optimism? Earlier today I had the thought that if the Gophers hired the right coach, they could make the Final Four in the 2023-2024 tournament.
The last thing you wanna do is have apathy like the twolves have. Better to have people angry at you as at least they are talking about you.

Ihnen just needs to add some muscle. He isn't a great shooter so he needs to be able to work down low but right now he lacks the overall size to bang down low with the other big guys.

I think a bigger problem is he needs more confidence in his ball handling (through practice) so he can drive and finish more. His length and quick reflexes help him to be a pretty good rebounder but, yeah, he could bulk up a little more so he push through contact better.

I think a bigger problem is he needs more confidence in his ball handling (through practice) so he can drive and finish more. His length and quick reflexes help him to be a pretty good rebounder but, yeah, he could bulk up a little more so he push through contact better.
Ihnen is actually becoming quite a good defender. He should be used more down low..and yes he needs more muscle and ball handling skill. Still a lot of upside for him.

Positivity thread huh? I'll give this a try.

Ihnen - Very good game! A double double! Glad he has 3 more years of eligibility!

Tre Williams - 17 points! Pretty much carried the team there for a long while! Glad he has 3 more years of eligibility!

Both Gach - Had pretty good stats! Hopefully he is coming out of his B1G coma and regaining his form!

I'm positive Pitino should be fired. Well, it was fun while it lasted. ;)

What's with Tre's gum chewing. I can't remember any other player doing that...thousands of them. Drives me crazy!

The last thing you wanna do is have apathy like the twolves have. Better to have people angry at you as at least they are talking about you.
It would take a supreme effort for the Gophers to reach worst winning percentage in college basketball or even Power 5 basketball, the way the Timberpups have in pro men's sports.

It would take a supreme effort for the Gophers to reach worst winning percentage in college basketball or even Power 5 basketball, the way the Timberpups have in pro men's sports.
I honestly don't understand why anyone really follows the Timberwolves. What is there to be excited about? How many times do you have to beat your head against a wall and be amazed when your head hurts? They're just an abject failure across the board. I'd be fine if they just completely disappeared.

What's with Tre's gum chewing. I can't remember any other player doing that...thousands of them. Drives me crazy!

Well, better than the former ABA oddity, Maurice "toothpick" McHartley, who played with a toothpick in his mouth.

Well, better than the former ABA oddity, Maurice "toothpick" McHartley, who played with a toothpick in his mouth.
or those guys who stick their tongues out while they play.

I honestly don't understand why anyone really follows the Timberwolves. What is there to be excited about? How many times do you have to beat your head against a wall and be amazed when your head hurts? They're just an abject failure across the board. I'd be fine if they just completely disappeared.
I check to see if they made 12 3-pointers, so I can get a free Arby's French Dip with the T'wolves app.

They (I mean Beasley) was hitting them pretty good early, but lately, no sandwiches.

Both Gach - Had pretty good stats! Hopefully he is coming out of his B1G coma and regaining his form!

I don't think it was so much of a coma - even though it hadn't been listed as a constant excuse:

Top Bottom