No Matter The Truth One Guarantee

Iceland12

Reaction score
No matter if Kansas had any interest in Brewster or not there is only one guarantee: KFAN, KQRS, KSTP, both newspapers and most if not all, TV stations will report that Brewster was the one who started the rumors and demand that he be fired.

Well, maybe Tim Brewster should come out with a statement and clear that one right up....I think he could still get out of it but he needs to do some damage control immediately.

this seems like the closest we've come to the truth of the matter.

Yep. And, true or not, there's no way Maturi can extend him after that becomes the accepted version of events.

Good times. Good times. Hello, bottle of Maker's Mark....

Well stated, Iceland12. Public statement aside, Brew better be on the line right now with SH, Gjere, etc.

Well, maybe Tim Brewster should come out with a statement and clear that one right up....I think he could still get out of it but he needs to do some damage control immediately.

That's not Brewster's style. He usually lets Maturi come in with the pooper scooper after he makes a mess.

That's not Brewster's style. He usually lets Maturi come in with the pooper scooper after he makes a mess.

Much like the job of nearly every A.D. in the country.

I still wonder what is behind the media/Brew schism. Why does the media care so much about Brewster? There has to be more to this story.

I still wonder what is behind the media/Brew schism. Why does the media care so much about Brewster? There has to be more to this story.

You are correct.

It's pretty simple actually. The media in this town knows their customers. They know that colorful and over the top postive sports personalities are easy, very very easy targets to spout off on, and it will get them supporters in the local population. The struggles of the UofMN the last few decades has gutted the hardcore fan base and there are very few defenders of the program.
Finally, and probably most importantly Minnesotans want Bud Grant or Tom Kelly. They will easily be swayed against any other coaching model, see Green, Tice, Brewster.

Top Bottom