No. 1 MN HS player in 2022 Lucas Heyer enters portal

Bring him home PJ!

Looks like he barely played as a second year player (redshirt freshman?). That's not uncommon for an o-lineman, but the studs (if healthy) usually get some snaps in their second year. A development project?

1701747077273.png

Last edited:

Probably lots of Heyers, but any family connection between Lucas and Mallory Heyer?

Meh, I could go either way. Wouldn’t be the most exciting add, but quite a few years to develop yet. Doesn’t sound like he’d be a plug and play type or maybe not even a depth piece at this point.

Meh, I could go either way. Wouldn’t be the most exciting add, but quite a few years to develop yet. Doesn’t sound like he’d be a plug and play type or maybe not even a depth piece at this point.
Do we need a plug and play on the OL? We need a Center. Taking a guys with 3 years left is not a bad thing.

just what we need, another poor offensive lineman.
Just because he didn't play in his RS-Freshman season doesn't mean he's not good. Quinn Carroll didn't really play at Notre Dame and has been one of our better lineman since he transferred here.

Just because he didn't play in his RS-Freshman season doesn't mean he's not good. Quinn Carroll didn't really play at Notre Dame and has been one of our better lineman since he transferred here.
Yeah but Quinn played behind top end guys at Notre Dame...not 3-9 Stanford.

Do we need a plug and play on the OL? We need a Center. Taking a guys with 3 years left is not a bad thing.
It’s a bad thing if he isn’t good and eats a scholly for 3 years. Not saying he is or isn’t good. Just saying I’m fine either way on offering this one as he hasn’t proven anything yet, but if the coaches see potential then cool, the high school pedigree suggests their is potential and I think we did offer him out of high school.

Last edited:

Undergrad doesn’t matter. What, it lands you some job in Silicon Valley so you can … spend $2M on a 1500 sqft condo? Overrated
Eh, depends on who you want to try to work for and how soon.

A name like Stanford means you'll get passed the initial cull of resumes at pretty much any job, even if you aren't leveraging the network it grants you as an alum. Depending on the industry, University of Minnesota doesn't give you the same advantage.

I had to deal with that after moving to Seattle. MN is a pretty good school for computer science, but it's not a big name school for it, so a lot of places didn't give me the time of day until I had some industry experience on my resume.

Has it limited my career at all? No. Did it potentially slow my career since I chose Computer Science and moved to a tech hub? A little.

All depends on the industry. Perhaps he's pursuing a degree where a Masters of PhD is a requirement and then his undergrad degree won't matter. Or maybe he's pursuing a field where the U is considered a "big name" in the industry and it won't matter.

Top Bottom