Nick Saban Test Postive for COVID 19 11/25

Iceland12

Reaction score
He was able to Coach on game day last time around. Though this time ALA reporter is saying: Saban's 10-day isolation would end next Friday, a day before Alabama's scheduled game against Arkansas. But his symptoms would need to have subsided for at least two days, I believe, for him to return.

"Alabama head coach Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19, the school announced in a press release on Wednesday.

According to the university, Saban is exhibiting mild symptoms and the test will not be categorized as a potential false positive result.

Saban, 68, previously tested positive for COVID-19 on Oct. 14, just days before the Crimson Tide were set to play the Georgia Bulldogs. At the time, Saban said he did not exhibit any symptoms.

Following his Oct. 14 positive test result, Saban subsequently tested negative three times and was cleared to coach in Alabama's eventual victory over Georgia. As a result of the three prior negative tests, the SEC considered Saban's Oct. 14 result as a false positive."..

Bad for Cincinnati as now an iron bowl upset won’t count against Alabama

Bad for Cincinnati as now an iron bowl upset won’t count against Alabama
Even if Alabama dropped out of the rankings, Cincy can't realistically expect to get higher than #5 because four of the teams ahead of them would be in the SEC and ACC champ games. Those loses would just mix up the orders in the top 4.

Even if Alabama dropped out of the rankings, Cincy can't realistically expect to get higher than #5 because four of the teams ahead of them would be in the SEC and ACC champ games. Those loses would just mix up the orders in the top 4.
That’s true if you assume that Ohio state and northwestern will combine for one loss
Clemson and notre dame will combine for two losses.
Alabama and Florida will combine for 2 losses.
AND
Cincinnati’s conference championship wouldn’t allow them to jump Texas A&M

what if Florida lost to TN or LSU and then beat Alabama

what if Auburn beat Alabama and then beat Florida

what if North Carolina beats Notre Dame and then Notre Dame beat Clemson again?

what if Ohio state cancels two games and then looks ugly beating northwestern to finish the season 5-0.

there is a lot of potential moving parts...so while I don’t think Cincinnati makes the playoff. It is not yet out of the question

That’s true if you assume that Ohio state and northwestern will combine for one loss
Clemson and notre dame will combine for two losses.
Alabama and Florida will combine for 2 losses.
AND
Cincinnati’s conference championship wouldn’t allow them to jump Texas A&M

what if Florida lost to TN or LSU and then beat Alabama

what if Auburn beat Alabama and then beat Florida

what if North Carolina beats Notre Dame and then Notre Dame beat Clemson again?

what if Ohio state cancels two games and then looks ugly beating northwestern to finish the season 5-0.

there is a lot of potential moving parts...so while I don’t think Cincinnati makes the playoff. It is not yet out of the question
I was allowing for Cincy to jump Ohio State (which I feel like would be extremely upsetting to folks in the state of Ohio).

And then assuming that TA&M, Florida, Notre Dame, and Clemson would not lose any games other than the ACC and SEC champ games. Obviously if that doesn't hold, then my prediction is out the window. But realistically, other than maybe ND losing at UNC, none of the other losses you describe "should" happen. Sure, if Auburn does upset Alabama, then it "should" be able to beat Florida.

I think that would put Cincy at #5, even if they demolish every team from here on out.

I support that. If you're going to run the table, at least have some groceries on it. Good enough for a NY6 game against a great opponent. Not good enough for the playoff.

Top Bottom