Nick Saban says Bama QB Bryce Young has already gotten close to 7 figures in NIL deals

Fleck is PUMPED about NIL, wow. I just listened to his interview from media days with Gaard and Grimm and he was going on and on about the number of large and small businesses in the TC and what a recruiting point it is. He said it could be the thing that brings Minnesota back to the 50's and 60's in terms of success. It just solidified for me what I said earlier in this thread: if there's any coach of a traditional "have not" who can turn this into a success, it's Fleck.

Fleck is PUMPED about NIL, wow. I just listened to his interview from media days with Gaard and Grimm and he was going on and on about the number of large and small businesses in the TC and what a recruiting point it is. He said it could be the thing that brings Minnesota back to the 50's and 60's in terms of success. It just solidified for me what I said earlier in this thread: if there's any coach of a traditional "have not" who can turn this into a success, it's Fleck.
This implies that anyone who owns a business sees value in an endorsement from a Gopher football player in this day and age.

I'd love to see the Gophers have a big money booster like T. Boone Pickens or Phil Knight that can and would buy us any player we wanted. But we don't.

I'd love to see the Gophers have a big money booster like T. Boone Pickens or Phil Knight that can and would buy us any player we wanted. But we don't.
Are you envious of all the success Oklahoma State football has had?

Are you envious of all the success Oklahoma State football has had?
I am. Six 10-win (or more) seasons since 2010, finished in the top-25 nine times since 2008. Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl and two Cotton Bowl appearances since then. Hell yes, I'm envious.

Having said that, I don't believe we're far away from that. But we're not there yet.

I am. Six 10-win (or more) seasons since 2010, finished in the top-25 nine times since 2008. Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl and two Cotton Bowl appearances since then. Hell yes, I'm envious.

Having said that, I don't believe we're far away from that. But we're not there yet.
So what it sounds like is, that level of success -- good, but not great -- doesn't really need a sugar daddy to "buy you any player you wanted".

I don't believe it does.

Indeed, OSU went 7-6 in 2018 and 8-5 in 2019. They did have a relatively nice bounce-back last season.

This implies that anyone who owns a business sees value in an endorsement from a Gopher football player in this day and age.

I agree and think Fleck is going to say that on any Interview because he’d be Stupid not to

You better believe Saban wants recruits thinking there are massive contracts waiting for them if they come to Bama. Doesn't have to be true he just needs them to believe it.
Maybe they'll be featured in an AFLAC commercial with him..

While I'll agree that paying to have a picture of a Gopher player in front of your business isn't likely to net you much, what's going on at Baldy's tonight certainly has potential. If there was a restaurant that figured Tuesday or whatever is a slow night, and they want to generate some traffic, paying a grand or so to have Morgan or Mo or whatever could certainly be worth it. I'd show up and buy some food, etc and agree to come back simply if the restaurant did this.

Top Bottom