Nice win!

USAF

Reaction score
Only 33 more in a row and Pitino will be .500 in the B1G!

I've been as critical of Pitino as anyone but it feels like some folks want him to lose.

My guess is the worst case scenario for many might be if we have a really solid regular season but get no payoff as COVID cancels the tournament. However, the regular season is so promising that you can't possibly justify not bringing Pitino back. I'm still one of his supporters actually.

Last edited:

You must be blind to not notice his adjustments, takes a lot for a coach to improve in their 8th year and here he has

Imagine logging on at 11:50pm on a Sunday night to start this thread. And then feel sorry for the OP because this is what they find important or necessary in their life.

If I didn't know better, I would think this thread was started by a salty Pitino hater who is mad the Gophers aren't losing this year.

However, the regular season is so promising that you can't possibly justify not bringing Pitino back. I'm still one of his supporters actually.

In general, I agree with you but I've seen Pitino teams collapse before (more than once) so I'm going to reserve judgment a bit longer.

Only 33 more in a row and Pitino will be .500 in the B1G!
Patience is a virtue.

He seems to be improving this season. His efforts in recruiting and transfers have been good and his coaching seems to be finally catching up.

Maybe he can build it here and we just need to be patient.

I've been as critical of Pitino as anyone but it feels like some folks want him to lose.
I want a coach who will win.

You have to suspend reality to believe that coach is Pitino.

I understand the hesitation behind thinking this year will be different but I am enjoying watching this team get better. After seeing Robbins in the IL. game it was hard to see him competing in the Big. Yesterday he played a very good complete game. I hope the team continues to improve and develops consistency.

Patience is a virtue.

He seems to be improving this season. His efforts in recruiting and transfers have been good and his coaching seems to be finally catching up.

Maybe he can build it here and we just need to be patient.

I have always been on his side, but will be honest that I didn't think he could get it done and have been critical of him at times. Still not sure if that is the case, but I don't see any reason that he couldn't evolve and be the guy. Maybe this is the start of a good run for a few years. Hope like hell it is, he sure seems like a great guy.

Proud of your growth USAF. This thread was a tough one to start I'm sure :p I'm not saying he's the answer, but the growth I've seen in the last couples years gives me a little hope. I'm still on the Craig Smith bandwagon, but I will root for Pitino to become that guy here while he is here.

New theory:

The Gophers were struggling, recently blown out by Illinois, when Omersa announces he's gone. Boom - the team promptly reels off wins over St. Louis, Iowa, and Michigan State.

Then trouble seeps in again with the Wisconsin game. Mutaf then announces that he's gone, and boom - the team hammers Ohio State.

Who can we sacrifice next when times get tough?

I want a coach who will win.

You have to suspend reality to believe that coach is Pitino.
Using his overall B1G record as a hammer is tiresome. He has led two of our worst all time seasons and went a combined 6-30. It will take several years to get to .500 or above if he ever does.

But I do not care about 2016 or 2018. I care about 2021 and forward. So far this year is promising. If he can close the deal, he comes back. If it falls apart, he should not.

New theory:

The Gophers were struggling, recently blown out by Illinois, when Omersa announces he's gone. Boom - the team promptly reels off wins over St. Louis, Iowa, and Michigan State.

Then trouble seeps in again with the Wisconsin game. Mutaf then announces that he's gone, and boom - the team hammers Ohio State.

Who can we sacrifice next when times get tough?

Conroy seems like a likely candidate. Mitchell after him.

As for me, I'm going to continue to enjoy the 16th ranked team in the country.

Speaking of...

Has there ever been a quieter start to a 4* career @ MN? Is he underwhelming? Are we just that deep for once? Did I miss something?

Mitchell is a 3 star on 247, ranked 154. Jamal Mashburn is ranked 133 and Ben Carlson 102.

Top Bottom