Nice win today

U2Gopher

Reaction score
Gritty performance by the team today. After minimal practice I was really concerned about how this was gonna go. Nebraska was probably the perfect foe for us today. Overall, good game plan and some folks stepped up on both sides of the ball. Sori-Marin for all his faults played very well today. The defensive line played better today starting with Carter who is gonna be a stud. Mafe played more like we expected. On offense Geary and CAB were clutch. Morgan did enough and what can you say about MO? He was nails and Wiley and Potts had big runs as well. I thought the o-line did well to be reshuffled like they were. And special teams did enough as well.
Big win and we have a chance for a winning season. I wouldn’t have thought that a month ago.
Go Gophers!!!

Last edited:

This is a nice win. Creates more enthusiasm for recruiting, players feel more fresh after what has been going on. Now we just got to deal with Wisconsin and hopefully a bowl game some how.

Would have been a nice win regardless....but was even better considering how many guys we had out. I was really concerned about Martinez and his running ability....but guys held their positions well. Very few blown assignments today.

Have to say it shouldn't have been as comfortable as it ended up being. Martinez was brutal throwing the ball today.

Agree. Changes in personnel, disrupted build up. Even if it wasn’t pretty it was a good job all around. Massive plaudits to Mo for taking the slide late on - how many other players would have surrendered a touchdown in that situation when they are chasing a place in the NFL? Hope NFL scouts saw the performance and recognised his team ethos.

Agree. Changes in personnel, disrupted build up. Even if it wasn’t pretty it was a good job all around. Massive plaudits to Mo for taking the slide late on - how many other players would have surrendered a touchdown in that situation when they are chasing a place in the NFL? Hope NFL scouts saw the performance and recognised his team ethos.
The right play by Mo, but I don't think any scouts are going to downgrade him for having 20 TD's instead of 21.

It wasn't flashy, but it doesn't need to be. Impressed by the OL.

Very satisfying.

MSM...18 solo + asst on tackle
Yes. He has taken alot of criticism here on GH. Ben Leber pointed out a few times how Mafe stringing out the OT's on the side line plays helped MSM55. He still deserves credit for being in better position on the run plays and doing a better job of shredding blocks. He does not have foot speed so has to maximize his other skills.

Very good game today. Gophers did not give up. I was happy to see #55 play very well. Also, it was good to see some Freshmen get some playing time. I thought the RT was solid for it being his first start.

I'm interested in what Scottie will have to say in the post game. Did Nebraska have any players out due to injury and/or Covid?

Last edited:

The right play by Mo, but I don't think any scouts are going to downgrade him for having 20 TD's instead of 21.

So maybe I wasn't following right (and maybe this is being discussed in another thread), but I'm not so sure it was the right play by Mo.

It ended up being because Frost decided not to use his TOs and give his team a prayer, but I actually think mathematically I think it may have made more sense to score.

All of that said, even if I'm right (and I certainly could be wrong on this), it shows who Mo is. We didn't need any more proof but the dude is a winner and a team first guy.

Only had 6.5 (Fleck on KFAN post game) OL available today. The .5 was an injured player. Boe and Ersery a true Freshman started today. 9-2 in our last 11 road games.

Good win by the Gophers. Definitely a Hat's off to Thee, Row the Boat and Ski-u-Mah type win. Gophers battled hard and matched Wills and physical play. Gotta admit wasn't expecting Gophers to play that well on defense.

So maybe I wasn't following right (and maybe this is being discussed in another thread), but I'm not so sure it was the right play by Mo.

It ended up being because Frost decided not to use his TOs and give his team a prayer, but I actually think mathematically I think it may have made more sense to score.

All of that said, even if I'm right (and I certainly could be wrong on this), it shows who Mo is. We didn't need any more proof but the dude is a winner and a team first guy.

The graphics were wrong (in many ways today)--NE had already used two timeouts. Going down guaranteed the win.

Great win today! Looking at the standings, the crossover game would be a rematch against Maryland.

Yep. I don't care if it's not the Nebraska of old, that was good work out there today.

Would have been a nice win regardless....but was even better considering how many guys we had out. I was really concerned about Martinez and his running ability....but guys held their positions well. Very few blown assignments today.

Have to say it shouldn't have been as comfortable as it ended up being. Martinez was brutal throwing the ball today.
Exactly. A great game plan and it was executed. Any criticism of today's game and the game pls.—and due to the circumstances—is RIDICULOUS.

that was a nasty targeting on Morgan, surprised he got up

First of all I was completely wrong in my score prediction. Really happy for the Gophers and their coaches. Still worry about their special teams. Maybe PJ needs to take charge. Does anyone know what has happened to Ky Thomas?

Is Morgan okay? Just worried about concussion and stuff.

He appeared to be perfectly fine after both hits. I'm sure he got checked out after each drive and will be watched closely over the weekend, but seems like they were more scary than serious.

He appeared to be perfectly fine after both hits. I'm sure he got checked out after each drive and will be watched closely over the weekend, but seems like they were more scary than serious.

Ok. Thanks for the information! That's always a concern with me is the concussions and QB play especially. Put both together and it gets really scary.

Top Bottom