Nice road win!!!

MRJ

Reaction score
Nice to exorcise some demons as it pertains to Northwestern with this win. It's an especially good win when you consider that crazy hurry-up offense the Wildcats play. Even the officials have a hard time keeping up with the tempo!!!:eek:

On another note, that was definitely the best the offense has looked from start to finish in any game so far this year. And the rushing offense was like night-and-day from other games this season.

Need to keep up the emotion heading into next weekend at the Bank!!!

amen brother!

although i can imagine the negative threads will start piling up before the day is out.

Didn't get to see much of it (and hope I can catch a replay somewhere), but as said above, nice to get a win, especially when you are the better team and have had some problems with the opponent in the past.

We've been kind of snake-bit against these guys over the years and from the sounds of it, the refs had a reptile cage in their dressing room.

But, good win!

A good win against a very good passing team. 3-1 is as good or better than I expected us to be at the end of week 4. Now it is time for

THE GAME

This will be our 1st true home field advantage against Wisconsin that I will have ever attended in my 11 years as a ticket-holder. I can't wait for the crowd energy next Saturday. My chili is already simmering... I hope it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pot!:clap:

Whaley did great for the 5 rushes he had. Bennet ran his hardest since his injury. And O-line stepped up! Great win

Didn't get to see much of it (and hope I can catch a replay somewhere), but as said above, nice to get a win, especially when you are the better team and have had some problems with the opponent in the past.

We've been kind of snake-bit against these guys over the years and from the sounds of it, the refs had a reptile cage in their dressing room.

But, good win!

The only call I really didn't understand was the replay on Decker's catch in the first half. On that one, it seemed like the refs didn't know whether they were coming or going. Other than that, I didn't really have a problem with the calls that were made either way.

It could have been worse; we could be Indiana right now. :p

The only call I really didn't understand was the replay on Decker's catch in the first half. On that one, it seemed like the refs didn't know whether they were coming or going. Other than that, I didn't really have a problem with the calls that were made either way.

It could have been worse; we could be Indiana right now. :p

MRJ - agreed - that was the only ref call that I had a problem with this game - only because there shouldn't have been nearly enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

Great game, great to see some of Brew's recruits showing their stuff. Overall, big nail biter throughout, but that's what we watch football for, right?

MRJ - agreed - that was the only ref call that I had a problem with this game - only because there shouldn't have been nearly enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

For me, it wasn't even about the catch itself as much as it was about the refs deciding "yes" before then deciding "well, um, we thought about it again, and therefore no." Make a decision either way; that was my main problem.

Honestly, I thought it was a catch. But the way the refs handled, it sure sounded like they didn't know what the heck it was.

Good win!

I'm not sure who it is, but someone has "mediocre teams lose in excruciating ways" when they post. We've won three games when we had the opportunity to fold, has this team taken the steps to rise above mediocrity?

That would be my hope SJU. The Gophers have excruciating ways to lose over the past three decades (except for the Holtz interlude) and it's nice to find ways to win.

This team has some physical ability. I hope Brewster can find a way to ensure continuity in the coaching staff so that we can see that talent blossom.

I remember a Holtz game against Oklahoma at the Dome. Talk about excruciating.

Top Bottom