Nice Q&A with Brewster about Gopher recruiting in So Fla

I've never been 100% sold on Brewster but I'll give him a ton of credit for talking up the University of Minnesota and its football program. I enjoy his positivity. Nice article. Thanks for posting.

If we ever get a new coach, it's going to be tough for me to warm up to his personality unless he's spot on like Brew. Love the bottomless cup of optimism.

And then this? -

"Now we are not out in the middle of a cornfield."

Love it.

I always feel like MN is the best place to be when you read stuff from him.

You can say what you want about his on-field coaching abilities, but it's pretty clear that he bleeds maroon and gold. It's easy to see why he has such a great reputation as a recruiter.

This is the type of stuff that makes me want Brewster to succeed at Minnesota. We need a coach who is going to go out and sell like that. It shouldn't be mocked, because it's a necessary part of recruiting and creating interest in your program. A lot of people (or at least a small number of people with loud voices (ie Reusse)) are turned off by this aspect of Brewster. I worry that if Brewster doesn't succeed, we will end up with a bland coach who talks "realistically" about .500 records and we start competing with the MAC for the vast majority of our recruits again.

Top Bottom