Next year's seat donations question

DLguy

Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of complaining about the new seat donations that start next year. After looking at the actual donation levels, I have a hard time seeing what the big deal is. Won't the new plan make everything fair and save people money?

Donations are only for chairbacks, and the highest donation level is $400 per seat. Right now, those same areas with $400 donations are costing ticket holders over $1,000 per seat. That is a huge savings. Looks like the basically leveled it out to make it fair. If you are donating $1,000 per seat, and the guy next to you is not donating anything, how is that fair?

I guess I am just having a hard time seeing why there is such an uproar over this.

The problem right now is that there are people in the best seats who don't donate . The people who have gotten something for nothing for so long are the people complaining.

I guess the seat donation change next year is a way of actually pricing the actual seats accordingly. I suppose they could just say center section tickets are $60/game, lower level corners and ends $50 and so on to make it a fair pricing structure, but then you wouldnt get to write off your donation money. Seems like a very fair way of doing it.

The problem right now is that there are people in the best seats who don't donate . The people who have gotten something for nothing for so long are the people complaining.

With all due respect, that is not the problem. "The people who have gotten something for nothing" - who is getting something for nothing? Most season tickets are $1,400 for a pair. That's hardly "something for nothing" in my world. That's real money, though certainly its a choice to spend that money.

In our section, most of the people have had season tickets since at least 1975, if not earlier. We are all in the upper deck...these seats now cost an additional $250 per seat. So you are being asked to pay an additional $500 for two tickets for the same seats we've had for well over a decade.

Personally I am not complaining. We will pay a donation next year and thereafter. I am merely saying that I don't agree with FTB's analysis on why some are complaining.

Oh, and it's not fun being asked to pay more for the same of anything. That inherently is a tough ask of a long-time and loyal customer, not to mention coming off of two very bad home BT seasons and multiple bad non-conference schedules.

Go Gophers!!

Q: At what row does the slope of the lower level on the sideline change?

You know how there is a gradual slope from the floor up to about row X, then the slope gets steeper? At what row does the more steep slope start?

I ask because the seats below that point have more legroom than the seats above that point.

There would be very little complaining if the product on the floor were better. Any time I hear grumbling about premium seats the quality of the team comes into it. BTW - if you take someone who has been paying for tickets for 40 years straight- through thick and thin- they haven't been getting something for nothing.

Fine, they are getting the same something for less than the person next to them.

ding, ding, ding. personally, i think longevity vs. true program support (including financial) are two totally different things.

Top Bottom