Next Years Schedule

MKE_Gopher

Reaction score
Does anyone know when next years schedule will be released? Who are our non-conference opponents? Any big names?

It will be quite awhile until the schedule's released, seems like it's in July/August (SS can offer better insight than me on that). We know the Gophers will be in the <a href="http://www.76classic.com/2009field.php" target="blank" >Anaheim Classic</a> and also be playing a team in the Big 10/ACC Challenge, otherwise no big names on tap just yet.

Sid is reporting NDSU & SDSU will be on the schedule again as well. Take that for what it's worth. Those 2 games + the ones Coolhand mentioned are the only definitive ones at this point. Overall the nonconference schedule already looks loads better than last year. But will the home schedule be any better? That's what I'm anxious to hear. Tubby has played one BCS opponent at home (Virginia) in his two years as Gopher coach, and that was only because of the Challenge contract. With his stature & clout I expect that to change this coming season with the increased expectations the Gophers will have heading into 2009-10.

I hate to be debbie downer..but I doubt the home schedule will be great shakes. With the current economic climate and need to build a practice facility..expect a lot of home games against teams that don't require a return visit.

I hate to be debbie downer..but I doubt the home schedule will be great shakes. With the current economic climate and need to build a practice facility..expect a lot of home games against teams that don't require a return visit.

I know little schools get paid money to come play the bigger schools but if teams sign home-and-home series do they still do payouts?

If you missed it, Sid reported a few weeks ago that Bill Self said that Kansas had been talking with the Gophers about playing the Gophers in the non-conference (think of it as a favor for Cole Aldrich). Nothing guaranteed but KU coming here next year is a definite possibility.

Kansas would be quite acceptable

If that comes to fruition my guess is it'll be a two-year "neutral site" deal. One year at the Target Center, the other at the Sprint Center. Obviously, would rather have it be The Barn & The Phog, but take whatever we can get. My concern with playing at the Target Center is it likely wouldn't be part of the season-ticket package (though they'd get first crack at tickets, it'd be an "optional" game for season-ticket holders), hence, making it much easier for Kansas fans to come to Minneapolis & gobble up the tickets.

If I recall Sid said that Self was interested in playing at The Barn. At least that is what I remember. Home it becomes reality.

If we play Kansas at the Barn..all other non-conference home games could be against NDSU (or some other equally lame school) and I'd still be happy.

How Dare You Sir!!

You speak poorly of NDSU?! Aren't you aware of all the 'National Exposure' that NDSU has gotten for its loss to Kansas?!?

They got NATIONAL EXPOSURE!!! If you need it to be explained in greater detail, please send a message to Lakesbian and he will be happy to tell you how important that is.

Top Bottom