New third quarter song

THAT'S IT!!!!!!! I knew I had seen/heard that before! It was indeed from the Cannon Mess.

get's stuck in your head, shares a similar annoying yet amusing quality with the fox song, has a good, fun vibe, and obviously the main character in the video is relevant.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are a lot posters on here that are tone deaf and have no idea what
" harmony " is. JHC, I'd hate to hear what you have on your I - phones let alone see how you guys handle yourself on the dance floor.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are a lot posters on here that are tone deaf and have no idea what
" harmony " is. JHC, I'd hate to hear what you have on your I - phones let alone see how you guys handle yourself on the dance floor.

Dance floor? This ain't no disco old man! This is FOOOTBAWWWW!

Remember this one. I recall hearing this as a youth. I'm not sure if it was played when Bill Diehl would do his Saturday small school roundup on WCCO, or if it was on WCMP.

I remember people always wanted the location of Cannon ' s fictional " Hurley 's Hanging Gardens' in NORD EAST
MINNEAPOLIS!.

This thread has become a nice holding tank for the old people. Good to see.

This thread has become a nice holding tank for the old people. Good to see.
Still in my 40's. That old? If so, so be it. Interesting that you pick this thread to be snarky.

When it comes to 3rd quarter intermission music, yes. :)
Hehe. Got me there. Actually, I do like the trendy music during 3rd quarter intermission. There is a guy behind me that is probably in his late 60's. It drives him nuts. I love listening to him complain that he can't understand the words. Makes me smile.

I you're tired of "What Does The Fox Say?" at Gopher football games, you're in luck. It probably will get little to no play next season. After all, how often did you hear "Gangnam Style" or "Sexy And I Know It" at The Bank this past season? Like the latter two, the former will be consigned to the waste basket reserved for novelty pop songs and replaced by the newest flavor next year.

Here's a gauge for measuring when a song like this is done. Last year, "Gangnam Style" played at a Gopher game and the entire student section went crazy, with everyone getting up to sing and dance. It played the next day at a Vikes game to essentially no recognition or reaction. By the end of Vikings season, "Gangnam Style" would play and lots of people would start doing the dance. The same is true for "What Does The Fox Say" which has played a couple of times at Vikings games to little, but increasing reaction. It ought to be big by the Lions game at the end of the month. The rule of thumb is when the song crosses over from 19 year olds at college football to 40 year olds at an NFL game, the 19 year olds lose interest fast and move on to the next fad song.

Riiiiiiight, I can just see the Fox song in the MHOF. All the great departed artists would roll over in their graves. I could take 4 people off the street and have them put pails over their heads and get the same results. Here's a thought, actually try listening too something with harmony, rhythm, and words that make sense and have a meaningful message.

Um, well George Harrison's song has 1.4 million views compared to "The Fox's" 268,444,748 views. Hmmmm.

Updated.

Ruppert, you are so out of your element on this.

The (waning) popularity of that song has nothing to do with how it will be viewed in music history. It's a novelty song, done by a comedy troupe.

By the way, below is one of Ruppert's suggestions. And the crowd goes crazy.

Unregistered....Kiss Cam my good man. Kiss Cam, Kiss Cam. That's where you play it! " Sweet talkin Guy " Have some imagination Unregistered!! Take your panties off and feel the rhythm.

ruppert the resident DJ strikes again.

Unregistered....Kiss Cam my good man. Kiss Cam, Kiss Cam. That's where you play it! " Sweet talkin Guy " Have some imagination Unregistered!! Take your panties off and feel the rhythm.

I actually know a DJ, pretty good friend who works at a major station in town. When I forwarded him this sweet talking guy video suggestion, he just laughed, who is the audience? Really not a lot of people would know this obscure song. Target markets matter most to advertisers, and would for the U, the Good neighbor and the 70 and 80 year olds would not even play this song.
Sorry Rupp but you get a big "
fail" target on that suggestion for Sweet talkin guy even for kiss cam. Unregistered user has been pretty spot on with his calls.

I actually know a DJ, pretty good friend who works at a major station in town. When I forwarded him this sweet talking guy video suggestion, he just laughed, who is the audience? Really not a lot of people would know this obscure song. Target markets matter most to advertisers, and would for the U, the Good neighbor and the 70 and 80 year olds would not even play this song.
Sorry Rupp but you get a big "
fail" target on that suggestion for Sweet talkin guy even for kiss cam. Unregistered user has been pretty spot on with his calls.

How old is the DJ? It is obscure and that's what makes it unique. The song was played at two weddings we attended
this summer. Directed at the groom's as: " Sweet talking guys " Imagination. Gopherdudepart2;813640 is a horrible thing to lose. So tell your DJ friend from me. He doesn't know dick and he is going on pure conjecture. Have a nice
evening and cue up" Sweet Talking Guy " for the misses.

For those that were not at the game, there was an interesting choice Saturday: Minnie the Moocher. It took some around me awhile to figure out what was going on, but once the call and answer portion kicked in, the crowd around me was eating it up.

For those that were not at the game, there was an interesting choice Saturday: Minnie the Moocher. It took some around me awhile to figure out what was going on, but once the call and answer portion kicked in, the crowd around me was eating it up.
If anyone from the Audio crew is on here, I would suggest getting to the call/answer part sooner omitting the verse. Students get buzzing to see what's in the mix and it felt a little dip in momentum when Minnie the Moocher started. That being said once the call/answer hit it was game on and the whole stadium was rockin and loud.

"Do The Gopher" is probably the best thing that's been added in recent years in terms of in stadium production.

Could not agree more. As a student in the student section everybody loves the "Do The Gopher" bit, but when they started Minnie the Moocher, everyone stopped and was really out of it until the call/answer part trying to figure out what was going on. Skipping the beginning may even allow them to put in another song between The Gopher and Minnie.

Back in the 1990s the Timberwolves played Minnie The Moocher quite a bit and simultaneously aired the clip from the Blues Brothers with Cab Calloway. Their game production always played the first verse only, then went right to the call and response. Yesterday they played at least two and possibly three verses (I can't remember exactly). Such an edit would definitely pace the song better for the kind of reaction that's desired. Airing the movie clip might help too.

Just don't play the end, "Poor Minn, poor minn, poor minn!".

We don't need that vibe round here anymore!!

Loved the song but not sure all understand the lyrics about the "bloke named Smoky..."

This is 2014 I guess.

Regardless, a good time for sure.

Go Gophers! Beat Purdue!

Yeah, I thought Minnie the Moocher was a great choice to play for the visiting Chicago team. I believe NW plays that at their home games as well.

What I should have written is that I could see this being a student favorite between a couple of songs during the 3rd quarter break. Say something like the 0:40 second mark to about 1:10 in the video.

I think you should register

Land of 1000 dances by Wilson Pickett. You need something for the Baby Boomers and that the students dig. The nah,nah. could be incorporated into Ski -U-Mah. Put me in the booth and I'D have
everybody on their feet, not just the students and one fifth of the regular crowd.

Hey Music person - don't over think it. You were money the first two games, but everybody around us Saturday was thinking, "this blows!".

In addition, there was basically zero music played the entire first half. It was like the Michigan game two years ago - completely dead the entire first half.

Your grade for Saturday was an F, which brought you down to about a C/C+ for the season, but based upon your performance earlier in the season, I'm confident you can bounce back.

In honor of Coach Kill and his love of Country Music, I think the 3rd quarter song should be...Honky Tonk Badonkadonk!

Top Bottom