New Salaries for Coaches

Saving $250,000 on from previous DC

ok - go ahead and suggest Rossi left because we tried to save money or wouldn’t match Michigan St - No Evidence of either.

However, I share others concern the UofM admin, which has a history being clueless about the value of men’s basketball and football to the the university can’t see the forest through the trees and will likely find a way to f up any chance for gopher football to be competitive long term.

Reckless Speculation: Fleck has had conversations with Coyle about taking over as AD next year, so Fleck can take his Row the Boat mantra across the MN sport spectrum, focus on leadership/culture, NIL and fundraising. They will use the savings these last few years to make a splash hire in FB.

Reckless Speculation: Fleck has had conversations with Coyle about taking over as AD next year, so Fleck can take his Row the Boat mantra across the MN sport spectrum, focus on leadership/culture, NIL and fundraising. They will use the savings these last few years to make a splash hire in FB.
Spicy hot take!

Yes. So we can’t blame the players for leaving either
I see people posting their frustrations over players transferring - from a fan perspective. I don’t really see too many posts from people arguing players shouldn’t have the right to make money. I’m in that boat…as a fan, the transfers make it more difficult for me to enjoy college football. I also believe it’s their prerogative.

I would think PJ would be one of the top 2 most difficult AD's in the country to work for and he's not #2.

I would think PJ would be one of the top 2 most difficult AD's in the country to work for and he's not #2.
I'd rather work for him than Coyle. At least PJ would be out fundraising and promoting the programs.

But he only got a 17 or 18 on his ACT didn't he?

Fun speculation, but Coyle wouldn't be the one to talk to about that.

I'd rather work for him than Coyle. At least PJ would be out fundraising and promoting the programs.
WTF does Coyle do all day? How he survives as an A.D. holed up in Denny Green’s bunker I have no idea.

Gophers lose a DC with an excellent overall record because they don't pay enough; then they hire another DC at much lower pay. Go figure..

Top Bottom