New Recruit For 2010?

Duluthguy

Reaction score
There are reports about a new JC player coming in to play in 2010. Anyone have any information?

I thought we had young depth at the DE position. This late JC addition doesn't make sense to me. That said, I hope he can have a positive impact.

I thought we had young depth at the DE position. This late JC addition doesn't make sense to me. That said, I hope he can have a positive impact.

We have youth. I don't know about depth.

So do we know anything at all about this guy? Is this another guy without any offers like the receiver who recently committed for 2010? If he graduated in December, why are we taking him now when he could have been here for Spring practice? Why is Brewster seemingly burning schollies this way? He's had enough trouble making highly rated jucos pay off. I need a fluffer - someone help me get excited about this guy.

So do we know anything at all about this guy? Is this another guy without any offers like the receiver who recently committed for 2010? If he graduated in December, why are we taking him now when he could have been here for Spring practice? Why is Brewster seemingly burning schollies this way? He's had enough trouble making highly rated jucos pay off. I need a fluffer - someone help me get excited about this guy.

My thoughts exactly....When you are good to go, could you send the fluffer this way please?

If he graduated in December, why are we taking him now when he could have been here for Spring practice?

He didn't graduate in December. How do you graduate after onlyone semester? According to the article on GI, the staff only recently found out that he was qualified to transfer.

I guess this is a good thing. We need more bodies at DE. I'd venture to guess that we'll be seeing a lot of 3-4 this year. Hopefully this guy is a player.

My understanding is that he counts as a transfer and will have 4yrs to play 3 but has to sit this year. Brewster seems to like these guys that suddenly blow up in size. I think it's because they started as speed guys and now have size which is a pretty good starting point for player development.

He'll have 4 to play three, being qualified academically out of high school. He claims he was getting early attention from Pitt and NC State for next year, but took this opportunity to join the Goph's immediately. Best case, I'm guessing more Eric Small-type horizons than Ndamukong Suh, but I'd take that at this juncture; some serviceable frickin depth anywhere on the damn field ought be lauded at the moment.

As toward 'burning schollies'? Well he isn't burning anymore than that went out the window when the kid's Lackwanna teammates ended up being damn near 30 and not elligible for play :rolleyes: Seriously though, you can only bank scholarships to a certain extent, having a limited ability to bring in kids each year, and with all the casualties in the off season... lets just say I doubt Brewster is worried too much about scholarship droughts in the future. Further he has to survive long enough for that to be an issue...

He'll have 4 to play three, being qualified academically out of high school. He claims he was getting early attention from Pitt and NC State for next year, but took this opportunity to join the Goph's immediately. Best case, I'm guessing more Eric Small-type horizons than Ndamukong Suh, but I'd take that at this juncture; some serviceable frickin depth anywhere on the damn field ought be lauded at the moment.

As toward 'burning schollies'? Well he isn't burning anymore than that went out the window when the kid's Lackwanna teammates ended up being damn near 30 and not elligible for play :rolleyes: Seriously though, you can only bank scholarships to a certain extent, having a limited ability to bring in kids each year, and with all the casualties in the off season... lets just say I doubt Brewster is worried too much about scholarship droughts in the future. Further he has to survive long enough for that to be an issue...

Sounds a little like Onwuachi. He says LSU wanted him to stay at JUCO for another year and would have taken him but he took his chance to leave a year early and be a Gopher. He ended up being serviceable for us.

What about playing this guy are LB? He was a safety in high school and it's not like he weighs 270 lbs or anything. I feel like we're more vulnerable at LB than DE, but then again, what do I know about this thing you call footed-ball.

What about playing this guy are LB? He was a safety in high school and it's not like he weighs 270 lbs or anything. I feel like we're more vulnerable at LB than DE, but then again, what do I know about this thing you call footed-ball.

Umm....we are more stacked at LB than any other position for the next 3 years or so. This kid will likely RS, so you look at the depth chart and there's Tinsley, Cooper, Rallis, Beal, Reeves, etc. not to mention the two kids already signed up for the 2011 class. LB the position with the most depth on this team going forward.

Fringe Bowl Team says that he is Jeff Wills' cousin...

My understanding is that he counts as a transfer and will have 4yrs to play 3 but has to sit this year. Brewster seems to like these guys that suddenly blow up in size. I think it's because they started as speed guys and now have size which is a pretty good starting point for player development.

Well then you misunderstood. You only have to sit out a year when transfering from a 4-year institution to another 4-year institution of an equivalent or higher level (for instance FBS -> FBS or FCS -> FBS). Transferring from a Juco does not require sitting out a year. He is eligible to play this year.

Interview

I do love his rivals interview in which he confesses he didn't play well last fall... Hopefully he is being humble and is hungry for improvement (which after a spring full of Royce White-inflicted migranes would be a welcomed change). However given his older cousins level of polish :(... Well let us just be hopeful the coaches saw a lot of potential and the kid is a quick study.

Top Bottom